1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad seeks cheap way out...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by cwhiteh2, Apr 29, 2005.

1. cwhiteh2

cwhiteh2 Member

My kids have a PS2 ver 1, bought on first day they came out. I was using a blue plastic usb device that required one wire to be soldered on the mb. It enabled my kids to play back ups but you had to boot it up using a gameshark and it only worked on the first boot about 45% of the time. Weel the kids lost the usb thing.

So I'm thinking of trying to get another mod solution before I trash the thing (as its now pausing in the middle of every dvd they play)and wanted to see what the experts are saying years later (while I've been modding my xbox hehe)...

What is a CHEAP way to let the kids play their backups with a higher % of success or what would be the cheapest cost to do a HDD backup gimmick, if you can with ver 1?

Thanks in advance and I did search but got a headache after first 30 pages of posts looking for specifics....

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Swap Disc and fliptop if you dont want to spend to much money, I use it, Its easy and harmless to the PS2 http://www.ps2fliptop.net/order.htm
    You would need the one for version 1-3 b/c of the 10 screws on the bottom...

3. cwhiteh2

cwhiteh2 Member

looks like $42 ouch... do you need a mod if you have the network adapter and HDD with HDloader?

with ver 1? I'll try and find a tutorial on that I guess if I can save the $42 bux

4. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

yeah,you could do that by networking to your computer and do FTP or take you HDD out completely and and put it in your computer and put the games on to it like that...