1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daedalus PSP Issues...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by gkokoris, Jun 29, 2007.

1. gkokoris

gkokoris Member

So I've got Daedalus R12 installed on my PSP. I have FW 3.40 OE-A, and I'm having some odd display/loading problems.

I've got NesterJ v1.11 installed as well, and it runs perfectly from the PSP/GAME folder. Obviously, Daedalus won't run at all from PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME340, so I have it in PSP/GAME150 where it's supposed to be. But when I start it up, I get a blank screen. At first I thought this was a crash, but if I leave my PSP alone, the Daedalus main menu comes up after about 2 minutes. I can go through the menus, but every time I press a button the screen goes blank for 1:30 to 2 minutes. Once I was able to load a rom (after about 10 minutes of this), I realized that while the screen is blank, the program continues to run in the background (I press A to jump, the screen goes blank, then 2 minutes later Mario is asleep).

Has anyone else encountered this? It seems to happen only with programs in my PSP/GAME150 folder. Is this a problem with my FW 1.5 kernel? If so, what's the procedure for fixing it? Thanks!

2. chejg23

chejg23 Guest

I'm having issues myself, well, with Daedalus that is:

I ran Daedalus from PSP/GAME, Daedalus menu appears and I can navigate through menu screens using L+R triggers. I can view my N64 roms, however, when I try to launch a rom nothing happens. Screen just freezes.

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Daedalus is still in pretty early stages of development. Only a handful of games will even start. Tune up your cpu speed to 333mhz might help

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

the roms u are trying may not be compatible with daedalus. in fact, there is only a handful that actually work.

5. h117

h117 Member

Starfox and mario 64 work great btw

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

super smash bros works awesome in R12 too. mario kart 64 is still a little glitchy, but works great.
    i would like to see perfect dark and a flawless goldeneye in the near future tho. its didappointing to see the best FPS's for n64 both pretty glitchy or not even load.

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

also u may have daedalus R2 or a daedalus from long time ago. update it.

8. malinki

malinki Regular member

apparently (according to strmnnrnm) there is a nasty little bug that caused Goldeneye not to work (something to do with the dynaroc graphics emulation)

Goldeneye - working. Is a definate possibility for release 13. Perfect Dark will probably never be playable though

9. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

well we can always hope :)

10. malinki

malinki Regular member

Definately, since the release of version 1 all i've been waiting for is Goldeneye working, hopefully once the dynaroc issues are sorted strmnnrmn will make it open source and multiplayer goldeneye may become a possibility!!

11. pspluvr

pspluvr Regular member

My issue is that I changed the extentions to .z64, and now I can't see the names of any of the roms, and when I select one, it takes me to the "start emulation" screen. I start emulation, and then it crashes. What else do I have to do to get the roms to load??? I'm at the end of my rope here!

12. h117

h117 Member

www.3roms.com has some .z64 files, I think changing the extension won't help so just use those

13. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

are you supposed to post that link?

lol.....

im not gonna snitch or nething, but..... you know..

the mods might just take that off.