1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damage to HDTV's

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lakefront, Feb 10, 2007.

1. lakefront

lakefront Member

I heard a rumor that the 360's damaging HDTV's and my son had one burn out within the first year or so. Any connection or truth to the rumor?

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

lol, if you leave the 360 on without the fade setting set then it will burn the image on the screen, but i have never heard such a thing as the 360 ruining a tv

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

video game machines only hurt plasma screens where the same image in same place thorugh out- will burn into the screen

other than that you're ok.

4. BabyCryer

BabyCryer Member

if you're a gamer and you are worried buy a LCD tv

5. navsav

navsav Regular member

If you have a plasma like myself they are incredible for gaming. However you need to make sure you limit use during the first 1000 hours (especially the first 100). Most plasmas these days have pixel orbiters and other types of screensavers - plus you want to turn the contrast or picture down since factory settings are usually high.

Other then that don't set leave your xbox on the mwnu screen overnight or something like that - and make sure the xbox dimmer setting is turned on.

6. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

lol lcd is a screen in which an image can be burned into, if your worried get a standard deff bubble screen tv

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

It is pretty damn hard to burn an image into an LCD!

8. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah doremis, i dont think the other guy knows what hes talking about
    lcd dont get burn ins bascailly, do you see the windows start button, its there 24/7 and no burn in.....

9. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

ill take a picture of my cousin's LCD, he has a start bar burned into his screen, maybe it doesnt happen to everyone, but it happened to him

10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

OK? Are you sure the computer is off? IF its not the Start Button will always be there! I rely find that hard ti believe!

11. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

lol yes im sure, ill get him to send me a pictre of it

12. S2K

S2K Regular member

JThomas05 wrote:
    False. Considering a CRT (which is what you mean) will burn quicker than an LCD, you have it backwards.

You need to be cautious about gaming with plasmas, especially older ones. New plasmas have several hardware and firmware tricks to reduce burn in but they are most susceptible. next would be crts and least susceptible (by far) would be lcds

LCD are nearly impossible to burn in. EG There are millions of lcds which are used for computers with many of the exact same screen elements in the same place for massive amounts of time longer than LCD televisions with no adverse effects.