1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damm these mamorex dvd's!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by diego4paw, Jan 5, 2005.

1. diego4paw

diego4paw Member

i read another thread about these but my question is a bit diffy. I loved the maxell dvd's i was using but i also notice that the disks comes with warnings of downloading files for your burner to utilize the disks correctly. i am using a cheapy micro advantage dual layer/format 16x and i noticed when burning my dvd's using the maxell disks with shrink they came out wonderfully 'cept for re2 which i know know why after visiting this lovely site. now my mamorex disks are coming up with invalid disk errors on my player. out of 15 successful burns and 3 bad burns i figure not bad,but these mamorex disks won't burn as fast as my maxells did(12000kbs versus like 3000k on the mamorex) could the burn speed make that much of a diffy as to why they will play on my pc but not my stand alone? i am using dvd shrink 3.2 and nero 6 OEM Suite, my burns do take awhile to do as well but i figure thats cuz i only have 500mhz with 196MB Ram.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello diego, I see you are another memorex victim. You can try slowing down that burn speed as low as possible,it may help. The poor media really show up on the stand alone playability.You do have low specs on your pc but seem to be ok.

Your programs for ripping and burning are identical to mine, dvd shrink and nero 6.0 oem.

Changing programs usually won't help in your case, when it comes to dvd burning,files are files. Those symptoms can happen not only on dvd movies,but data dvds and slide show dvd.I even helped someone who had the symptoms of poor media doing divx.

Symptoms of poor media:freezing,pixelling,jumping,skipping, and no disc inserted in drive error.The backups usually play pretty good while you are watching them on your pc. However,the stand alone players that are going to read those backups have a harder time with poor media. Sometimes a slower burnspeed helps.If it doesn't,then a higher quality media is the ticket.

I take it those maxell's played great on your stand alone , but the memorex doesn't. They have those memorex on sale at staples $5.94 for spindle of 15 if you have one near you.

Memorex has many different manufacturers using their name. Most of them are poor. Usually the ones made by prodisc are their best ones. C-magnetics produces most of their crappy ones.Watch out for the ones made in india. Just look at the label if you buy them in a store. Look for Made In Japan. They make the best. If you are using maxell -4x yellow tops,these are made in japan accoding to all of them I have used.

Download http://dvdinfopro.com
    Look those codes up here, http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

These will help tell who made those mamerex. Later

3. diego4paw

diego4paw Member

thanx for the info on these disks. the only thing is on my shrink it only shows 2 burn speeds max and 16x lol and i have tried both. neither made a difference..unless there is someway to go into nero and adjust that since shrink is using nero to burn.And like i said...the player won't read them but my pc does just fine..that mean that maybe a file is incomplete or corrupt on the disk so that my player won't read it but my pc will?