1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dammit

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by schweet, Mar 13, 2007.

1. schweet

schweet Guest

Bought my box 3mths and 4 days ago and it's screwed already, I have the flashing red ring of death. That's really pathetic.

I'm attempting the towel trick as I type this, but even if it works I do believe it's only a temp fix and it will crap out again.

It would be really nice to buy something that WORKS!!

I'm just really lucky I hadn't flashed it yet, so I'm still covered by warranty, but that's still a few weeks without my 360 while it gets repaired.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

take it to a store and trade it in, tell them you lost the receipt and you just want to exchange it

3. schweet

schweet Guest

They're pretty strict about having a receipt, but the guy who sold it to me is a friend of my boss, so I'm gonna go in today and have a chat and see if he'll swap it for me.

The towel trick actually worked too, my 360 is running again, but for how long I don't know.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

it will work for a while if you dont over heat it again

5. schweet

schweet Guest

Cool. I don't see how I overheated it in the first place though, it's never on for more than two hours at a time and then it's off for at least 3hrs before it's used again. I only play once or twice a day for an hour or two, 5-6 days per week.

6. schweet

schweet Guest

Three red lights again.

I'm trying the towel trick again but it looks like my 360 is f*c*ed.

I'm going to go to the place I bought and demand they replace it, I'll say that it's only 3mths old and that it's a complete joke that it's stuffed already. I think if i make enough of a fuss they just might swap it over.

I really don't want to send it to Microsoft cause that means I'll be without my box for 2-3weeks, and that would REALLY piss me off, I'd get withdrawals :)

Edit: Towel trick didn't work, it's completely screwed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  7. Smee342

Smee342 Member

well i bought my 360 in feb of this year

and my friend the manager of gamecrazy was telling me M$ extended the warrenty from the original 90 days i think to 1yr so when u take it back explain that to him they should be able o replace it right then and there at the store u bought it from

also if u get a replace ment get wat ever extended warranty u can might as well right lol

i did ^^

SmeeZus

hope that info helps

8. schweet

schweet Guest

It's working again :)

But, I think it will crap out again.

Over here in Australia the 360 comes with 1yr warranty through microsoft, and I bought an additional 5yr warranty but I can only have it repaired by authorised repairers, I can't send it to Microsoft after a year.

The problem is the stores here that sell 360s tell you that if it screws up, you can't take it back to them because the warranty is through Microsoft. My arguement to the store I bought it from is that it's only 3mths old, they've sold me a faulty console, and they can replace mine with a new one and send my old one back to MS as a store defective.