1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN - I opened up my PS2 and now my CD drive WONT OPEN!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mrmojo448, Jan 29, 2003.

1. mrmojo448

mrmojo448 Member

I opened up my PS2, I just looked at the board and closed everything back up. I don't think anything broke and I put it back just like it was. After putting it back together, I was not able to open the damn cd drive. I know the button works, cause when I pressed it, it would go red and the power would go on.

I have no idea what to do, anyone have any ideas? or has anyone had this happen to them and had to take it someplace to get fixed? if so, how much was it to get fixed? Thanks in advance....

Mojo

2. jr_

jr_ Guest

Maybe your Ribbon cable is not making connection on all the pins now. You may have pulled it out slightly.

Does it make any noise when you press the disk eject button? Does the blue light function?

Take the top cover off and lay it to the side.
    You should now be able to just barely get to the tab with needle nose pliers and see if it is seated.

If not look at the other ribbon cables going to the drive. If you removed the board one of these may be the problem. You may have just overlooked one when you put it back together.

3. pong3

pong3 Guest

I'm getting this problem too, i checked the belt and and pins. It seems as if everything is working fine, but my drive wont eject. I can open it using a paper clip and then close it using the button, but it just wont open. anyone know what to do? im trying not to junk it too

4. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

5. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

Im having this EXACT same problem. Opened up the PS2 to clean the lense now the tray light does not come on nor open. I reaplced the PS14 fuse and it keep blowing it so i have no idea what going on. Im just trying to get a new MOBO from Ebay.

6. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

there is always a cheap $20 solution... install a fliptop even if u currently use a modchip. you'll have to load the games from the top... but it's an easy solution.