1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangers of modding?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by adam827, Sep 14, 2007.

1. adam827

adam827 Guest

Hey guys, I have a D2B chipset and I want to have it modded, but I've been reading about a lot of things on here. What are the dangers of having this chip in the system after it is instaled? I know there is a chance of being banned from online or bricking through a bad update, but I've read that reading burned media reduces the life of the laser. If so, how much? I dont want to have to replace my laser every year. Just lemme know if you guys know any other dangers or anythign else about the laser.

2. adam827

adam827 Guest

anyone know anything about this?

3. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

as long as you keep your wii fully updated with your regions updates then you'll be fine when it comes to bricking, as for the life of the laser, Im not sure but I can say this, my xbox was modded like 5 years ago and its still works fine, I think its worth it anyways, you can have 70+ wii games for the cost of a blank dvd which would cost thousands of dollars if you were to buy the actual games, Im sure a laser is cheap enough to make it worth it, just my opinion