1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Alex quits custom firmware?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jayyay, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jayyay

jayyay Member

http://dark-alex.org/

"I've decided to cease OE development, and leave PSP scene.
    The reasons are various.
    One of them is the time it consumes, which i'm losing from other things.
    The other is related to my security. I didn't like Sony menaces to PS3 hackers.
    I think it is better to leave now rather than end paying the consequences. "

What is the future for custom firmware users?

-argh

2. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

i wanna cry

3. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

i think that is the first time he has updated his website, i heard that other people used to update it for him.

4. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

no 3.51 OE-A could of been cool with more added stuff, like the ability to play iso without a UMD and dat is possible because of the hidden iso loader. man, i think dark-alex should teach someone how to make custom firmware so they can carry on his work.

5. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

and i swear it was yesterday when they announced that dark alex is making an 3.51 OE-A

6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

This is almost as bad as when I found out that the US Govorment blew up the Twin Towers in NYC!

They did a really good job covering that up ;)

But ya we can't live with 3.40oe-a forvever... right?

7. jayyay

jayyay Member

im on the point of deciding CFW or OFW....and Lumines arrived this morning...AWWWWWWWW

8. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

wow dis sux. i hope that some1 will pick up were dax left and keeps the psp homebrew seen alive. no.no.no i dont want crappy old DEVhook!!!!. o god im having bad thoughts. having to upgrade to offical sony FW, DEVhook, no customisable themes, and in the future..........maybe no hamoebrew. the hombrew community has taken a huge loss. we owe DAX soo much. :( :( :( :(

9. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Say it ain't so! DaX was the most loved homebrew developer out there! But it's his choice and he's done a lot for us so we should respect him. I hope someone will continue making the OE firmwares. But damn that sucks..

10. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

if nobody else decides to code custom firmwares, were all screwed over. sony has these gay idstorage checks in 3.30 so nobody who downgraded in the past can go past 3.30 ofw.

11. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

u wont be able to upgrade to official FW on if ur psp is a ta-082 or igher right?

12. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

no, i think its any mobo :(
    man this is gay. now somebody else has gotta pick up the slack.

13. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

i remeber reeading that somewere and it said that TA-079-TA-081 mobo's arnt effected by that problem. hmmmm, i hope that were able to update to offical firmware if worst comes to worst.

14. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

and that they dont encrypt the "special" iso's from PSN once we are all forced to upgrade to official FW...

15. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

This is just speculation but do u think with the suddenness of this all that sony might have bribed him or something because clearly he was the ringleader and for him to stop completely so suddenly is quite odd.

16. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

yea that probably happened. i saw on google that he was paid 2 million $$$ to quit making OE's but its total BS! i hope that DAX comes back.

17. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

(srry for teh double post) great news! i recovered my 3.40 OE-A TA-079 PSP to 1.50 then upgraded to 3.50. it didnt say anything bout the IDstorage keys or anything. TA-079 - TA-081 mobos arnt affected by the corrupt keys. any way i'm at 3.50 now, bout to downgraded with lumines. that good to know. feww!!

18. kjwgun

kjwgun Member

This sucks sooooo bad!!! If nobody makes more custom we are f**ked!!! because if s0ny was smart they would make a 3.60 and all of the new games require 3.60 to play them so we wouldn't be able to play anymore new games!!!

19. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Thats why we need now more than ever for talented coders to step up to the plate.

20. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

If this is true (and seems to be) then:

**** YOUR'E THE GREATEST DARK ALEX! ****
    **** ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE ****
    **** YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE! ****

{Sorry for Caps Mods, just thought it was appropriate}