1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Alliance 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Truzzone, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Truzzone

Truzzone Member

I'm trying to backup baldur's gate dark alliance2, but it doesn't work.
    Does it need a patch?

2. titch71

titch71 Guest

I presume you are using Swap Magic 3.3 DVD and slide tool and have followed the usual procedures to create the backup if not then this probably wont work for you

i was able to get it working with swap magic 3.3 but needed to use dvdloader to get it to work using the 5.3no pin option

Load SM3.3DVD

Use Slide tool to insert DVDLoader

Load DVDLoader

Select 53Nopin option from DVDLoader - I think that is what it is called it was the 2nd on the list. If anyone can clarify this else i can check at home.

Use eject button and swap DVDLoader with SM3.3DVD

Press X to load SM3.3DVD

When use EA method appears use slidetool to swap with backup.

Press X and the Backup should load

3. Truzzone

Truzzone Member

you're right.
    i'm using swap magic3.3,but i don't know what is dvd loader.
    can you explain me how can i have it and use it?
    thank you, bye

4. titch71

titch71 Guest

CDLoader and DVDLoader are types of boot disk.

These disks were created for Swap Magic 2.0 because some games failed to load and these disks were used to load the games by using the method described above.

Basically if you search this forum or if someone else can provide a link you will find an image of this disk that you can burn to a CD or DVD depending on the version ie CDLoader or DVDLoader.

Once you have burned the image then if you follow the instructions above then Dark Alliance should load.

5. Truzzone

Truzzone Member

Thank you!
    Now it works really good.
    i founded the same problem trying to backup onimusha 3 (ripped to cd). i downloaded the cd loader iso too but it doesn't boot.

6. titch71

titch71 Guest

No problemo

I haven't tried onimusha 3 so can't say for definate i am afraid but it may be a TOC size issue

I Presume you are using Swap Magic 3.3 CD to try to load it.

If so then how much data is on the disk as Swap Magic 3.3 can only load disk under 630mb this is a TOC size limit. If the size of the disk is over 630mb then you will need to get a original disk with a higher TOC to do a TOC refresh and the only disk I know of is breaker pro which is used to load PS1 games on the PS2 but the TOC refresh works with this disk as i have tried this on some DVD rips - rygar and splinter cell and they load fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005