1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Cloud 2 Backup problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by djmonsoon, Mar 3, 2003.

1. djmonsoon

djmonsoon Member

I tried to back up Dark Cloud 2 and throw it into my PS2 w/ Magic 3.0 chip. I get this funny loading sound, and it does not work...i tried burning other games with the same media and they work fine...is this something that the Magic 3 chip can't load...?

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Mine works fine, could be a problem with the Magic 3.0. I used to have a 3.0 and after swapping it out with a Magic 3.1 all my backup problems went away.

3. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

it could also be that your original has scratch. I had problem like that with vice city. The original had a very small scratch but when i got another with any scratch it backed up ok.

4. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

I have the same problem with tiger woods and vice city-the original for woods works fine but burned with a messiah and the red screen comes up. as for vice city the backup works for on my friends messiah playstation (older version) but on mine it stops during gameplay and freezes while saying 'loading'