1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark,dark, copies are too, too dark

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Notashamd, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Notashamd

Notashamd Guest

As I'm viewing the first 100 or so almost perfect copies that I made with version 3.2 and my p4 system running xp, and reviewing all the guides, I can't figure out why the copies come out much darker than the original. Turning up the brightness on the TV doesn't help.

For example, Collateral looked fine on the original DVD. I realize that it was based on night activities, but the copy came out much too dark- - even when they were in brightly lit backgrounds. In the cab, the features on Tom Cruise's face were hard to make out.

Yes, I checked off all the boxes on Shrink that are designed to improve file quality and burned it at 4xd, instead of the top 16x speed.

BTW, I tried burning both straight to disk as well as from an ISO image. No change in quality.

Any suggestions?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what media are you using? Have you tried the discs in any other player?

3. Notashamd

Notashamd Guest

Yes, I have tried Fuji, and the no-name brands sold in Staples and Office Max . 3 different discs,no quality change. (could be same company makes all 3 brands)

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Keep in mind that compression will decrease picture quality. Ripping the main title is the best way to cut down on compression. Also, getting rid of subtitles, extra languages and comentary will help.