1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Nets

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by DJOB1, Feb 20, 2007.

1. DJOB1

DJOB1 Member

Does anyone or has anyone used any of the following. From what I have read they are way more secure than torrents, however maybe a bit slower and harder to use. The pro is, although others can see that you are participating in a network, it is made near impossible for them to find out what is being transfered and if you are the original sender or the final destination.

I have been dinged for infringement and I am trying to step my security, and this seems to be the surest thing out there if I want to continue. I believe Tor is not designed for file sharing, and freenet can be a hub for very bad things. Any insight someone can offer would be appreciated, Thanks.

* ANts P2P
    * Entropy
    * Freenet
    * I2P
    * MUTE
    * Tor
    * WASTE

2. DJOB1

DJOB1 Member

Nobody knows anything about darknets? Or is it something nobody talks about because it is "something you just don't talk about to keep it in the dark" if you will... Somebody, anybody have any info?

If not could someone fill me in on newsgroups? If you use these to get movies are you still copy write infringing? You are paying for the service and don't upload using these so you really aren't sharing.