1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Side of the Rainbow

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Peinecone, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Peinecone

Peinecone Guest

Alright everybody, I need some advice on how to make a certain DVD. I want to rip the movie Wizard of OZ and burn it with the music from the Dark Side Of The Moon CD. -If you have never seen these two together, you should try it. Everything from the movie is in sync with the music.- Any advice on how to do this?
    Thanks

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i would strip the audio and video stream with smartripper. then make the pink floyd album one mpeg2 audio file. be sure to also make celltimes file with ifoeditor, then reauthor the video stream with the pink floyd audio file in ifoeditor (go under DVD author setting, author new dvd).

Not sure if this works, but it seems very plausible. I'll try it once i get wizard of oz in the mail.
    aiy
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. Peinecone

Peinecone Guest

The big problem with this idea is that you have to start the music exactly on the third roar of the MGM lion or everything doesn't match up. Also you want the CD to repeat until the end of the movie.

4. malum

malum Regular member

Using freeware tools:

Edit the movie VOB with Chopper (or whatever you like) so that it starts with the third roar of the lion. Demux the vobs to get a m2v file

Work out how long the movie is (now you've hacked the beginning off) and how many times the album would have to play then take the wav file and duplicate it the needed number of times (editing the last one to be the required fraction of the album) then combine all the wavs into one large wav

Your sound file needs to be 48KHz to be DVD compliant (I don't know if it can be ripped at that but I think it can) you might want to convert it to an AC3 file as well (Besweet)

Then author the m2v file and the ac3 file with IFOedit (adding chapter points as a txt file)

Using Maestro:

If you have Maestro you could author it in that. I think you might be able to start the sound at a specific point with that as well, you could certainlty repeat the audio until the end of the film with that but it would have to be an AC3 to import it.

There will be other ways but the above is how I would go about it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2003
  5. Peinecone

Peinecone Guest

How would I make an AC3 file from mp3 or original CD?

6. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Use Besweet, and probably with the GUI program too(both programs, Besweet and its GUI, can be found on this site)

7. malum

malum Regular member

Let us know how you get on, cos I might have a crack at this when I have some time