1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark_Alex Firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by moomba, Feb 21, 2007.

1. moomba

moomba Member

Hey there,
    how does Dark_Alex create his costom firmware? does he take the official firmware and then add the extra emulators and other great functions or does he hve to start it from scratch each time he makes one?
    Thanks for your answers

2. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

In really simple terms, he takes all the best bits from 1.5 and all the best bits from 3.03, and mixes them together into one firmware.

3. moomba

moomba Member

oh, ok so if he takes parts from the latest firmware or watever. Why cant he take the part that initiates the installation of the new firmware and put it in costom firmware so that it tricks official firmwares that its an official update?
    P.S. Sorry if this is a really noobish question, because they probably already tried it and it hasnt worked, but I thought of it and its been bugging me all day so I thought if i asked here atleast ill be able to tell myself why it wont work XD.