1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark_AleX. The Real Reason He Left the PSP Scene?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ps2gen, Aug 7, 2007.

1. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

In an interview between Sony Member 'Koller'& MTV, Some rather shocking info has hit the psp community.
    Heres a quote from the interview:

"MTV: Did Sony shut him down? Or had Sony hired him?
    Koller: Neither. I think he's taking a hiatus.
    MTV: Does Sony hire any of the PSP hackers?
    Koller: It's not even a hiring thing. They come in and actively talk to us."
    The full article is here:
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1566451/20070806/index.jhtml

And towards the bottom of the interview is where Sony member 'Koller' Breaks the news.

Leave comments people.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Of course Sony wants Dark_Alex. If he reveals (probably already has) the secrets that he used to look for glitches, loopholes, and methods of reverse-engineering, they will create a perfect 4.00 FM. And by perfect, I mean no one, not even LE or M33 will be able to create a custom version of it. It's not right when someone spends that much time providing a service to the public and then sell us out to those corporate *******s!

3. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

Great format job, makes it seem as though Dark Alex is working, or at least talking to Sony, where the actual article makes no such reference.

Don't post such skewed quotes. The actual article makes no reference to Dark Alex talking to Sony, nevermind working for them. All of this attempt to create a buzz is saddening, really.

4. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

I think D.A. is just enjoying his life like a regular human being. I dont think hes even thinking about sony or CFW at all.

5. btjl90

btjl90 Regular member

sony creating a 4.00 FW unhackable? i dont think so. because currently we are upgrading through M33/OE. the most sony can do is make the FWs un-downgradable, or any way to go to CFW. but im sure theres always a hack around it. not everything is 100% fool proof

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

@Crazykid3 - Koller clearly said in the first line that DAX hasn't been hired by Sony.

@btjl90 - If they made a perfect 4.00 and above, then we'd be f***ed anyway, as the custom firmware's use part's of the official firmware's. If they can't be hacked, we'd be stuck at 3.52 M33 forever, wouldn't be able to run new games etc :(

7. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

@Brewagent.
    Please dont contradict me, hows about you try READING Before accusing me of posting 'Skewed' quotes.

Look at the article again and read the 15th paragraph down, And the last 2 or 2 sentences of that 15th paragraph!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  8. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

Let me break down the paragraph because you don't understand.

"With all these initiatives under way, it would seem Sony could benefit from all programmers with top PSP skills. Earlier this year the world's top PSP hacker, a gamer known as Dark_Alex who had repeatedly cracked the PSP firmware despite repeated upgrades, announced he was leaving the PSP scene. Had Sony shut him down? Or had Sony hired him? "Neither," Koller said. "I think he's taking a hiatus." Does Sony hire any of the PSP hackers? " It's not even a hiring thing. They come in and actively talk to us.""

Key points highlighted.

"HAS SONY SHUT HIM DOWN OR HIRED HIM? ... NEITHER."

Let me know where it says

Dark Alex talked to Sony and is now working for them. mmkay?

9. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

My apologies for double-post, but I don't have access to edit.

Also.

"Does Sony hire any of the PSP hackers? " It's not even a hiring thing. They come in and actively talk to us.""

Does that say that Dark Alex talked to Sony? Does it even make mention of Dark Alex? Does it just toss up an idea? no, no and yes. There is no reference to DAX talking or working with Sony at all. :) Find me a quote that states otherwise.

10. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

Before you take this 1 step too far, can you actualy point out where i said DA Was actually working for sony?

11. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

If he was working for sony working on new FW then he would know all the loop hole in it and would be able to make a OE version. I think that Sony might have tried to sue or use the law in some way to stop him for Hacking there software. This is just a idea im not saying that it is true.

12. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

Far as I know (Canada) downgrading a firmware is in no way unlawful. Only if you deem necessary to run ISO and CSO files you do not own are you breaking the law (in Canada I'm pretty sure it's the same as music sharing where the person who is sharing the file is in violation of the law, and not the person who is download/uploading the file).

Canadian and U.S law differs, but as far as I can tell there is no way Sony could claim that we are in violation of the law by downgrading our firmware.

This article makes no reference to DAX talking or working with Sony. They wrote it in such a way that it may possible sound like it's suggesting that, but it's not. The reason they write it like that is so people believe things without them saying them. Unless DAX comes out and says "Hey guys, I'm working for Sony! cool!" Don't believe a word.

13. CeOwned

CeOwned Guest

Hehe seems like the U.K doesn't care about the PSP stuff.They're probably thinking"Leave those kids have fun...Pointless in doing this PSP thing..."Hehe.Life in the U.K is best...Correct me if there is a law in the U.K about the PSP.I didn't research...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  14. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

I'm sure the UK has anti-pirating law. It's the possession (uploading really) that isn't legal for both games, movies and music.

15. CeOwned

CeOwned Guest

Guess I'm wrong...

16. Noobytoon

Noobytoon Member

Nothing is perfect n unhackable,i thought people would understand that by now.. and if anyone can do it, its the russians,and if they cant someone will show up, they always do :)

17. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

Let's hope..

Anyone know if the limited edition (Cough FF7 psp) is coming out in Canada? If it is, I'm getting one. :D