1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dash already updated with benq drive, need to replace with an old sammy ms 28

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by duboy1, Oct 30, 2011.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

I have a 360 I modded, updated, with a benq drive.

I now need to replace/spoof that drive with a sammy drive that hasnt been updated.

I flashed the new firmware on the sammy, tried it out and any new game (batman, GOW3, Battlefield) wont load and says disc is unreadable. I'm assuming this isnt working because my sammy ms28's firmware wasnt updated by the dash update.

Am I right? Can I fix this?

Thanks!

****edit****
    I did some looking around.. it looks like the sammys cant be spoofed to benq to read newer games? is that correct?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. coorva

coorva Regular member

yes you cant spoof a drive and play the new games

3. foxykay

foxykay Member

Sorry for post hijacking, I have a question that is kinda related.

If I have a Sammy that is spoofed to a lite-on (IX1.61/dash 8995), would I be able to remove the drive (so it wont get bricked when the dash tried to update it), update the dash on the xbox, flash LT v2.01 to the drive (spoofing as a lite on.) and play new games?

If not, is there anyway I can achive this. I know the drive wont respond to AP25 challenges, but I am wanting to know if it will work/flag for a ban or not work.

Not bothered at all about a ban as this box is going to be glitched in a couple of weeks once my chip arrives.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  4. Z16

Z16 Member

foxykay,

after dash 8955 iirc (Google dash + osig check to make sure, I'm lazy :p ) you don't need the drive to be spoofed anymore, as long as the drive key matches your good to go. i guess too many xbox's died and were replaced with other models.

I'm currently running a non spoofed benq in a 360 that originally had a sammy that died and its fine, just make sure you go back to original sammy firmware non spoofed with your key intact, then update to the 2.0.13604.0 dash (via usb stick) which will change the firmware and not brick the drive, then flash lt+ 2.01 with sammy firmware and your key.

all should be good to go after that.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011