1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashboard hack

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 5torm, Apr 30, 2015.

1. 5torm

5torm Newbie

Leaving my ps2 soft mod for Xbox 360, bought my self a 2nd console with a flashed rom,
    no problems until (no knowledge on Xbox hacks) inserted a new game the ROM updated and ....,.you all know the out come..
    I was left with playing only original games.
    Long story short, I have bought a new Xbox Kennect and realized when connecting it to Xbox live it firs updated some soft and under that was the dash board included.
    My question now is. Is there a way to trick the console to go and look for an update elsware as I have read that you can trick it by PC soft to think that the WAN is only a Lan. So if it can be tricked in to that it must be able to be tricked in to updating a custom dash board.

Please correct me if I am wrong, bearing in mind that I have no knowledge on Xbox hacking and would understand that, not is a not.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

No, and even if you were able to do that it won't work, because you would need a hardware hack to run unsigned code (eg a hacked dashboard).
    Oh and you were very lucky that your first Xbox 360 still works, you could easily have ended with a full brick.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If it updated the rom all it means is your nxe dash was very old in which case your dvd player firmware was overwritten,all you need do is get it reflashed if all you want to do is play backups (can't comment on going onto xbox live with this method as some get banned some don't,tho most probably due to incorrect patching of copied games)

My preferred method if i was in your situation:
    As Eisherz mentioned you'd need a hardware hack,he's talking about an rgh modchip,this allows direct gaming of an installed game without the need for a disc,go to youtube & look at videos of freestyledash & aurora & RGH 360's.My 2nd link in my sig will also be useful if you so decide

4. 5torm

5torm Newbie

Thanx for the replying.
    Think I will just get it reflashed for the time being, until I know more a bout my 360....

Ps2 was so easy, seems my 360 is a not only new ball game but totally different one. O well always fun to learn new stuff..

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

There is a free alternative to xbox live if you decide to rgh its called LiNK