1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dashboard question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by x100, Mar 10, 2005.

1. x100

x100 Guest

hi all

just a quick question

i recently got my xbox chipped, and im looking into how to back games up.

ive read what you have to do and im a bit stuck on the bit were you have to flash it.

when i turn my xbox on it comes up evox in the left hand corner..... so does this mean its all ready been flashed?

cheers :)

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yup. Now you need to install a dashboard to back your games up.

3. modster

modster Regular member

yep, just install the dashboard and off you go

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  4. x100

x100 Guest

thanks guys

what dashboard would you recomend putting on?

5. x100

x100 Guest

hah forget that last question just had a quick read through some of the posts and found a link to this site http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/

on the post i was reading somebody said it was a auto installer....

im really new to all this do i just put the disk in my xbox and it does it all for me?

cheers

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You need to flash your chip with a hacked bios (not cromwell) first. Without a hacked bios your xbox will not be able to read the slayers cd-rw.

Burn the Slayers ISO file to a Memorex CD-RW using Nero 6 at a speed no faster than 4x.

If you have a hacked bios installed ( evox M7,M8, Xecuter...) and the disk does not load then check to see if your DVD-Rom drive is a Thompson. I have 3 Thompson drives that will not read modded files. I then switch to my Samsung drive and everything loads fine.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005