1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashboard Settings

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ThrowDown, Feb 22, 2005.

1. commat14

commat14 Member

I have the Evox dash on my xbox but it doesn't let me play dvd movies anymore..i tried loading the MSdashboard but that doesn't do anything.

2. joeblow77

joeblow77 Member

OK guys I have softmod xbox w/ orig hdd, and it was modded w/ the mechassult linux thingie...well I am wanting to have the CHOICE of dashboard of my choosing, upon booting into my audio hack...a friend modded it for me so i have no hands on expertice here, but i have had it done for quite a few months now and been play around here and there...Here it is, I have MXM as the default dash..(not by choice) but i really have no problems w/ it so far...but i see other dashboards have their advantages..All my stuff is in my E folder, but there is no dashboard folder, I only see MXM -tdatd -udata -saves -PBL -Morden and of course -apps...I want know how one in my position would go about changing from MXM to evox i think would be a nice one to try...or others even if i decide later on..but i want to see if the trainers option will work for me w/o having games on my xbox hdd..and just so i know how it is done.I would appreciate any and all help on this..prolly an old issue for some, but I haven found any help so far that is for someone like me with the orig hdd and having a softmod. i know that w/o a chip and large hdd there are alot more "limits"

3. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

ok in your c: there is a file called default.xbe take that and rename it to MXM.xbe, then download the Evox dash from somewhere and put it on your c: and you should have a file with the evox download that is default.xbe and evox.ini just make sure those are on your c: the you can play around with your evox.ini to make the menu the way you want it. I have Unleash X boot on mine and have a Dashboards menu, so if i want to switch i can, back and forth.