1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dat-files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Damacque, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Damacque

Damacque Member

Hi,
    I'm new here, and I'm not exactly an expert on this (yet), so of course I have a question. I have taken some files from my Temporary Internet Files folder, which originally were streaming vids. They are .dat-files, so I tried to convert them with Konvertor, but it didn't recognize the file in the first place, let alone it converted it. I even tried the old-fashionate way, simply rename it using the prompt, but (of course) that didn't work either. Does anybody here have any idea if it's possible to convert these .dat-files to a playable and saveable moviefile or should I just forget about them? If it's of any use, the file that was located in my TIF-folder had this extention: .wmv#0;1.000;269845;0;1:2;2:2 , but as soon as I copied it into another folder it got the .dat extention. Thanks in advance

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I do not know of any way to use the .dat files.

There is stream media recording software for recording streaming video and audio. Click the link below and start with the FAQ's.

3. Damacque

Damacque Member

I know there is, I've been trying to record it using streambox, but that didn't wotk either. Thx for the link, though, maybe I did something wrong trying to record it