1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data connection

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by omronguru, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Baumbart

Baumbart Member

Hi all, I need some help with my motorola v525. After installing the mobile Phone tools I am getting an error:"communication port unavailable" So I don't know what to do ?? Can sombody help me ??

2. BBM

BBM Member

I fix the problem , thanks
    I re-flexed and flashed it with an updated file at:
    http://v600.cjb.net/

now it works even better and faster than before!

3. xMZDORKYx

xMZDORKYx Member

hey.. i need help... i dont understand the cell phone thing. what is the program for? can i get ringtones by my usb cord? and ooh ya.. i was wondering.. can i send the pictures from my phone camera to the computer with the usb cord?

4. freddyc

freddyc Member

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I found more useful information here than anywhere else. But unfortunately I'm still having problem transferring files using the MPT software.

I'm running XP with SP2, but I was able to install MPT before installing SP2, so everything was installed fine. I have MPT 2.21e, and am trying to connect to a V300 phone. I'm ABLE to connect, my phone is detected, and it displays "T-Mobile" on the MPT display, assuring me that my phone is connected properly.

But my problem, is that when I view the Multimedia Center, to transfer files, no folders are displayed on the phone side of the window. And if I select a file from the computer side, and try to move it over, nothing happens.

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems before?

5. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

mz dorky u can send it to your email and download it to your computer from there.

hey does anyone know how to get free ringtones for nokia 2270 metro pcs phone please help anybody at all????

6. andy25

andy25 Regular member

i really need help i have a kyocer kx414 i have the cable and i want to transfer polyphonic ringtones to my phone ive tried alot of things and havent done it please some one HELP me i really would be happy if someone could help me fiqure this out?

7. puzzled

puzzled Member

can anyone tell me if i can put mp3's as ringtones on the motorola v220 if so how, it does say it can on box have tried to put 1 on and the phone says it is an unidentifiable file.

8. Cosmo207

Cosmo207 Member

i am trying to connect to the internet using my v220 through my USB data cable. Everytime i try to dial i get cut off(the busy signal) and then AOL dials again and again always no connection made. I've tried dialing the number directly from the key pad of the mobile phone tools v2.21b and the call goes through. Any answers of how to establish a connection so i can download my e-mail?

9. Cosmo207

Cosmo207 Member

Ok solved the problem by calling ATT wireless, they use a connection number that is a *99# code to connect to the internet on my PC. I added a new connection in control panel network connections
    (I am running XP sp1)
    Step by Step
    1 set up my connection manually
    2 connect using dial up modem
    3 check box that says motorola usb modem
    4 isp name ( ? )
    5 phone number = *99#
    6 User name = leave blank
    Password = leave blank
    !!!!!( make sure to uncheck the three boxes at the bottom)

Also they gave me a link to soft ware for the V220 that ATT has called communication manager software

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarge/solutions/laptop/communicationmgr.jhtml

And use the V3.1 version

10. Limeroo

Limeroo Member

Hi all again!

So, after being able to put ringtones and some pictures onto my phone for a while, I happen to have the same problem as freddyc: Phone won't display folders on the Multimedia Center.

I wish I knew what I did to my computer, haha. Guess I'll have to go back to my old computer until it magically starts working or someone figures it out...

puzzled: You can put mp3s on the phone. They must be constant bit rate (CBR), you can't put variable bitrate files (VBR) on the phone. Use the Multimedia Center in mobile phone tools, and drag the files into the audio folder.

If anyone has figured this problem out, let us know!

Thanks.

11. James001

James001 Member

I'm using Mobile Phone Tools v3.0 and I can't get the V220 working :( I know someone fixed it by letting it say it couldn't detect the phone type and manually choosing a different one, but I have a different problem. It doesn't seem to detect my phone period, and so everything just times out. I'm using Windows 2000. Win2k does detect the device being plugged in as it asks me to install a driver, but mobile phone tools can't do a thing with the phone. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

12. firespeed

firespeed Member

Any chance anyone who has xp no SP2 could send me a copy of their folder with the program installed :) :) :) :)

its been two days straight and I cant get anything to budge on this computer no matter how I work it.

You would be Awesome!

-Rick
    Firebretha@gmail.com

13. martysd

martysd Member

Hi
    Anyone know where i can download the vodafone v525
    flex se7406axxb50dd, i've spent hours looking and the only link i can find(acidjazz)does'nt work!
    getting a bit peeved with it.
    thanks guys

14. puzzled

puzzled Member

Good Afternoon all,
    can you tell me if it is at all possible to delete the rintones that came on the phone when it was purchased, thanks.

15. firespeed

firespeed Member

you can delete them but from what ive heard it can cause errors and in my opinion isnt worth the free space.

but yes, with p2kman you can delete them. go to www.howardforums.com and under the motorola forum there should be a sticky which contains how to.

16. stache

stache Member

Thanks to all the posters here. this thread has been my primer on connecting my V220 to my pc, which I've been at all day today. I'm running W98, and I'm using a usb cable that came with a digital recorder to connect it to the pc. I now have MPT and the upgrade installed, and have installed drivers several times from several sources. My hardware installer still says it can't find the driver for the phone (although it recognizes it as a V220).
    When I go through the setup procedure (as outlined by xman2004, above) with the device configuration wizard I choose motorola USB modem. After trying automatic detection, the wizard shows
    *modem properties
    --->AZT
    Comm error
    *closing motorola USB modem

then I get a list to choose a device, choose V600 and teh wizard closes, but the program still won't see my phone info or allow transfer of a midi from pc to phone.

any suggestions would be welcomed.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  17. TomEads

TomEads Member

O.K. I just traded in my TDMA Star Tac on AT&T for a Motorola V505 on AT&T GSM network. Yes it has a AT&T SIMM card and not a Cigular SIMM card. I then had a contact at Motorola "Unlock" the phone for me.

I also have service with Cellular One on a Nokia 3595 GSM.

I can move the SIMM cards back and forth between the phones. If I keep the phones plugged into the AC adaptors I do not even loose any settings (like the time and date). The phones then function fine based on what SIMM card is in it. I can make and receive calls, etc. And the phones show the right service on their display based on what SIMM card is in them.

I gave up trying to get a computer cable for the Nokia that worked. They are all junky things that are a joke and need to be held in place with tape and rubber bands.

I bought the Motorola Mobile Phone Tools for the V505 with the Cable. Good quality stuff. I bought it off Ebay. Version 2.0 Paid under $20.00 with shipping.

I loaded it and everything worked fine with the V505. I even did it with switching the SIMMS chip from AT&T to Cellular One.

When I did the live update to the latest version. Everything went to hell. Can't see the phone. And half the time it locks up the computer, a Pentium 4 running Windows XP Home SP2 (came from HP with SP2 on it).

Can not get Phone tools to work after I updated it. If I uninstall and go back to V.2 everything works. Load and unload phone numbers and calendar. Both to phone and SIMM card.

But I can not connect to the internet. Computer and software seem to function fine. Phone dials but I loose the connection.

With the AT&T SIMM card (in the V505)I looked on the internet and it looks like I need to subscribe at an added cost to their GPRS serves.

With Cellular One SIMM car (in the V505) Cellular One tells me it should work as their service all GSM calls are GPRS enabled, and I just get charged the normal air time. They say it should work. But I get the same results as the AT&T SIMM card. It dials and I loose the connection.

When I tell Cellular One I'm using an Unlocked V505, they tell my it will not work with there SIMM card as all SIMM cards are locked to the phone they came with. When I tell them I can make and receive voice calls with their SIMM card in the V505, they tell me I'm wrong and I can't do it.....

Hay, I'm not crazy. I know it works because I make voice calls all the time that way.

So, folks any ideas on getting things to work after I upgrade phone tools, or on why I can't do a data call on Cellular One. I know on AT&T it is a GPRS issue????
    Any work around???

I tried the *99# thing and I get a display on the phone of "Not Avalible".

Thank you all for your time. To respond just post a response here or use the PM link.

This is were I got info., on GPRS and AT&T.
    http://www.cellphonekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/att-wireless/2163/GSM-phone-as-modem

18. sPuNks0Ck

sPuNks0Ck Member

thanks to all the people who have contributed to this thread as i was really lost without it!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  19. cpuwhiz

cpuwhiz Member

well i still cant get it to work im going to the post i saw about the software from at&t even though my service is with cingular,b/ i do not think it matters seeing that they have merged with one another.DOES NOT WORK.THIS HAS TO BE THE HARDEST DAMN PHONE TO GET USB DRIVERS FOR-I have sp2 os is win.XP

20. Brutto89

Brutto89 Member

I have just purchased the USB Data Cable for my Motorola V220 now they gave me a driver disk and the wire. I plug in my phone and I have XP Pro and it reconizes it then I use the driver disk too run it and it install than it stops and says " The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo Test" Then it says Continue Anyway or STop INSTALLION I click continue and it transfers some files then I click finish on the Wizard and nothing happens