1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data connection

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by omronguru, Aug 23, 2004.

1. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Well, if you're just installing the driver for the phone, nothing will happen after installation.

Go into Device Manager and see if your phone is listed under Modem. It will be a generic listing, but will say something like "Motorola USB driver."

2. deftoneX

deftoneX Member

Hi, I hope you guys can help me.
    Im running windows XP, and i have a v220. I have a data cable for a digital camera that works with the phone. Now, the computer automatically detects the phone, and recognizes it as a Motorola v220. However, it cant find a driver for it. The instructions given have been kindof self-contradictory, and many of the websites did not work, thus adding to my confusion. If anybody can give me a step-by-step process, with updated and working links, to get my computer and phone communicating, i would REALLY appreciate it.

Post it up here, or just email me at dannygale@cox.net

Thank you all in advance.

3. lizzieuk

lizzieuk Member

V220
    Hi... Can Someone help me plz,I need to download the mobile phone tools 123c ...the links ive tried dont work, all that comes up is a page with large black writing then the MRS page comes up, it said on one of these threads "the links are on the left hand side" but i cant see any links there?,I bought my usb data cable from ebay... but the wrong cd was in it, i emailed the guy and he sent me this ...
    Go here and download the mobile phone tools 1.23c:
    http://www.motclub.com/html/programs.htm#mpt
    then go here and download the P2K driver:
    http://www.motclub.com/html/drivers.htm
    then go to:
    ftp:\\ftp2.bvrp.com/motorola
    and download "mobile phone tools 2.21b US-exe"
    Install the P2K driver then the mobile phone tools 1.23c. After thats completed upgrade the 1.23c with the 2.21b update file. Make sure you tell the program that your phone is a V600 as the V220 is not listed. If you run into any problems read this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/103293 and follow what XMan2004 did.
    Can anyone help me plz by giving me a step by step on how to do it, what links i need to press,where the links are,
    I would really appreciate the help... Thanku
    Could u IM me plz and i will give my email address.

4. harp

harp Member

to everyone whos having trouble with there v220 connection listen up... i had the same problem and i tried everything. i was reading through and saw u could use the v600 by setting it up as ur new phone, but that didnt work. As i had it in the v600 mode and had my phone plugged in i turned it off and the redirect option came up. i waited a while and turned it on and it went through. then i went to set up new phone and it automatically detected it :)

5. lizzieuk

lizzieuk Member

Hi Harp... can i ask u a question plz,were did u download/get the software from the links i was giving didnt work for me? (my post is just b4 urs)
    I would be grateful for any info
    Thanku
    Liz

6. joedirt12

joedirt12 Guest

This forum has been a great help with getting my v220 up and connected. The only issue I'm still in need of help with is that MPT (v3.11) will not sync with my ouytlook Calendar. Contacts syncs great, no probs with ringtones or photos though I tried several differnet versionsof the software to get those to work (the MMS was greyed out on the other revs). Any ideas?

7. sara2050

sara2050 Member

Hi pls help me i'm going crazy! I have a Motorola V80 and whatever i try i just cant get it to communicate with the computer (Windows XP) and I have tried it on two comps. I have mobile phonetools the latest version 3.19 i think and my comp recognises it when i plug in the data cable but i cant transfer pictures or do anything.

8. avoidz

avoidz Member

Same here. V600 works then doesn't work. Crap drivers and software and phone IMO. Absolute sh*t.

9. julieann

julieann Member

Near the end of installing, I get this message:
    "Error 1406. Could not write value VersionMinor to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CF88712B-16A3-45A1-B6C5-8E6CD0408E61}. Verify thatyou have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I click 'ignore' and go on. When I bring up MPT, I get this message:

"Mobile Phone not available. Please verify that your mobile phone is connected and powered on. Click on "retry" to start a new connection attempt or "cancel" to stop."

Here is another one:

"Error during detection.
    Click on "Retry" for another try or on "Next" to choose your device from a list."

Does anyone know what these mean?

btw, i have win98se, MPT 3.11
    Thanks in advance

10. hstraf

hstraf Member

I have a Motorola v400, and I'm totally lost with how to connect this to my laptop.

Where can I find the Mobile Phone Tools software? Is this a free download? I tried all the links and ftp site in this whole thread, but they are all gone or don't work.

Thanks!

11. Dimenxion

Dimenxion Member

hi all..

i'm new to this forum.. i had read this thread from first till the end. and i figure out my problem maybe bcoz i'm using the xp sp2.

one question. is the MPT software have the region issue? as i am from Malaysia. i'm afraid that i have to find MPT that suits my region.

anybody can answer?
    thanks

12. v220

v220 Member

I got my phone tools from the bear. It took a few tries but I finally got the right one and it shows the v220 on the screen. It will detect and bring it up automatically.

13. kevin965

kevin965 Member

Ok all im new to this i got a v220 an run xp sp2 all i want to be able to do is download my phone pics to comp is there an easy way thanks Kevin

14. v220

v220 Member

To kevin965. I have the V220 and use a USB to Mini port cable. This is a digital camera type cable bought at any computer store. Mine was like $15. There are at least two different types of this cable so make sure you get the right one. You can tell by the shape when you open up the port on the side of your phone. It looks the same. And if I'm not mistaken it is a 4 pin mini to USB. Then you need the Mobile Phone Tools software to connect your phone to your PC. Good Luck. It's not difficult.

15. x_rider

x_rider Member

For the people who succesfully got this to work on a WIN 2000, please lend me some help. I can't seem to install the mpt2.21b It takes forever and it just hangs. How long does it take for you guys to install this? I may just have a corrupted .exe file. So people using Win2k...please give me some feedback.

X

16. dagaul

dagaul Member

17. vlcmsnds

vlcmsnds Member

Ok i read this thing all the way through like 50 times and im still having problems. I went to the FTP folder given by Geedaddy, and i think i got the right upgrade. I took all three just in case that were in the mobile phone tools folder. I did the p2k driver then installed 1.23c, then i loaded all three files, but when i went to use it there was no v600 to select. There was v60 and like other v60, but no v600? I dont know what im doing wrong, but its just getting frustrating. Also real quick, after I get this all done i will be able to put my own ringtones and be able to download my pics right? Thanks for the help!

18. pandaar

pandaar Guest

ok so i'm a newbie, i have read this thread at least 5 times and i keep coming up with the same problem: the links dont work anymore
    i have just gotten a motov220 from my friend and it has some games and some ringtones that was dl from the browser on the phone but i want to unlock it b/c it is a cingular phone and i have a AT&T sim card
    i have the right cable but not the right software and currently have been unable to find the links for it that will work and have gotten very fustrated, so if someone could help me that will be of great help

19. dogdemonx

dogdemonx Member

I bought a data cable and connected it to my p.c. it reconizes the model but it saays i require a certain installation. TRhe problem is I didn't get the installation cd. can someone tell me where can I download it

20. bigtuna75

bigtuna75 Member

hi guys. i've read thru this whole thread a few times and still do not understand wth is going on with my phone. i have a motorola v80 and just got a data cable from Insten. it says that it should configure the computer's COM port 4 to be a USB port. i dont think that happened. i'm running xp sp2. my computer recognizes the usb modem but i cant link the phone up at all. can you please help!?