1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data Cyclic....... Fail to read

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ripstyle, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ripstyle

ripstyle Member

I think there is a new type of macro that won't let any dvd ripping software copy onto the hard drive, they all cancel with this error data cyclic.....
    I can use dvd decrypter to skip passed the 15second files that cause the problem but then the format is all scrambled & all over the place!

Can anyone help?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you get read errors when the disk is dirty...... try cleaning the disk and try again...... use a lint free cloth and a cleaner that doesn't leave a residue and wipe your disk from the inner circle to the outer edge in one straight line motion! do not rub your disk in a circular motion as it will cause more read errors! If cleaning the disk doesn't help with the read errors then try to get another disk by returning the disk to the store! Some drives are picky and have problems with certain disk. If you are making a copy of a copy and the disk is not dirty then you might be using inferior media that after a while players and drives can't read the disk! Make sure you use good media that most players and drives are compatible with..... Made in Japan disks! Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, Fuji....check label and make sure it's MIJ! Or just use Verbatim (they are made in Singapore/Taiwan but are top notch disks)! good luck.

3. ripstyle

ripstyle Member

Thanks for that information Ihoe, But i've tried all that but it just seems to be on some of the newer disc's that I get that cause the problem & no scratches or marks as I've had those same errors from that & I've tried cleaning the disc in that exact way many times, but it does seem to be a new type of macro that is designed on the disc! Is there another program anyone else uses 7 can reccomend that still gives you good functionality?

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

AnyDVD is up to date and will work with all the DVDs that are out there. There isn't any new encryptions that AnyDVD can't handle and will rip all work all the time. If you're having a problem ripping with AnyDVD and DVDDecrypter where you get cycle redundancy errors it's not because of encryptions...... or what you call Macros! but you asked for another ripper..... well try DVDFab HD Decrypter found here: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm it's free.

and what movies are you trying to rip?

5. colw

colw Active member

Agree with IHoe - nothing out there that cannot be copied/burnt. DVD Decrypter while still an excellent program sometimes needs a little assistance with programs such as AnyDVD running in background.