1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data disc problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kkre4605, May 12, 2007.

1. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

hi i have an lg external burner. And i have been copying things with it for a year with no problem, but recently when I try and burn a data disc, if i put this disc back into the drive after I have finished the avi clips on it will stutter when I try and read them off the disc, (the same happens if I put it into another drive)I have used both nero and record now before and they worked fine before, its just recently they have been doing this

But if I copy the files back off the disc onto my hard drive, they play perfectly. And also, to the best of my knowledge, normal copied DVD files play fine if I burn them off that burner, (although I will make sure of this today)Oh and I have used verbatim media and get the same problem.

So what can I do to make sure data discs don't stutter if I am reading the file off the disc?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

If you scan the disk with Nero CD-DVD Speed, is it all 'green'?

3. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

well i did scan disc and the surface scan came up as 100% bad on both the ritek and verbatim discs I use, (althoguh I have never done the scan before, so may have done it wrong lol)

But it cannot be the discs though can it, because the verbatims I can guarantee are top quality! So is the drive causing the fault. If so, why do dvd backups burn properly and not the data discs.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I don't even know how a disk which is 100% bad can be copied to a hard drive.
    Are the video disks burned at a different speed from the data disks?
    Assuming it is the drive, is the USB enhanced host controller showing up in the hardware device manager?
    My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device manager > +USB Controllers