1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data Disc Terminated with Errors

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mscogna, Mar 28, 2002.

1. mscogna

mscogna Member

Sorry, rookie alert! I have read a lot of the postings and have not come up with an answer to my problem. I used IfoEdit successfully to get the files on the HD. When I try to write a new DVD, PrimoDVD stops the process with the above error message. I have tried DVD-R and DVD-RW's with the same response. What am I doing wrong??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. mscogna

mscogna Member

Added thought..... After playing around some more....it seems it is having a problem when I select the folder to write.... If I select individual files inside the folder, the process starts. :=(

3. leflef

leflef Guest

I have the same problem and I think that I'm doing something wrong with IFoEdit 0.9 . First I'm stripping Audio from the VTS , then the subpicture and when I'm finish the second step ,correct the start sector address and that's it (as I read in this forum and at Doom9) but when I try to burn it with PRIMO PRASSIDVD I have the same error message. I don't have it with Nero 5.5.8.0 , but when I'm trying to pay the DVD in a stand alone player I have the message CHECK DISK as soon as the counter show 0:00:00

4. djdrock

djdrock Member

Try using IFO edit to convert your video_ts folder contents to an image file (.iso) first, and then use nero by selecting the image file option. Sounds like the problem you are having is a mix-up of the ISO/UDF standard when the disc writes. Creating an image first, either with IFO edit or with DVD Decrypter has always solved this problem for me.