1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

data error(cyclic redundancy check)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by lgobraves, Dec 15, 2004.

1. lgobraves

lgobraves Member

For the past two days dvd shrink has been giving me the cyclic redundancy check error while it is in the process of shirnking the files that were already ripped to the hard drive using dvd decrytper. I have tried changing the settings in both decrytper and in shrink. I have also unistalled and reinstalled both programs and tried using older versions of the programs. I borrowed a friends external burner, that we know works, a got the same error at the exact same point. I then burnt the same dvd's I was having trouble with on a different computer using the exact same programs.
    I am using a Dell insprion 9100 laptop. 3.2 ghz, 1 gb rab 60gb 7200 rpm hard drive and gca-4040n 4x dvd+r burner. I have been burning dvd's with no problems whatso ever for over 6 months. This problem started, out of the blue, two days ago.
    I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be aweome.

thanks

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

A very common problem. That usually means the disc is dirty or damaged. If it looks OK it could also be corrupt data that will play good but shows up when being ripped.

Use the search near the top of the page for cyclic redundacy.
    .. Try these settings for DVD Decrypter.
    First, it should be version 3.5.1.0.

Open Decrypter, click on Tools,then Settings

Click on Defaults, then select these;

General tab
    Options - Removal Method - Aggressive

File Mode tab
    Options - Remove PUOs (IFO and/or VOB)

ISO Read Mode tab
    Options - Remove PUOs (IFO and/or VOB)

CSS tab
    CSS Cracking Method - Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange

On Failure - Yes

IMPORTANT:
    I/O tab
    Options - Ignore read errors.

This is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

Source: ScubaPete AfterDawn Addic

3. lgobraves

lgobraves Member

Its cannot be the disk. I burned the same disk on a different computer using the same program and same settings with no problem whatsoever.

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Was it the same burner/reader in each PC. Burners are very finicky beasts. They react differently to media.
    Not all burner are equal.
    Try playing the files from the hard drive directly and see if it plays the entire file.
    By the way, did you give the settings I posted a try on your PC?
    If this is the only disc with which you are having trouble. Just get a differnt copy and try again.

I burnt tons of discs. The only time I have failed is if the orginal is bad, but I have not had the need to try out ScubaPete's settings myself yet.

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004