1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Data Error" ( Cyclic Redundancy Check ) ?????

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Ransack81, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Ransack81

Ransack81 Guest

Thats what I keep getting and Im just wondering if there is a way around this or not...thanks.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

[bold]I sincerely hope NOBODY offers you any assistance after the comments you made towards me in the Nero forum, I have reported you to the mods and hopefully you will receive the ensuing consequences.[/bold]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  3. Ransack81

Ransack81 Guest

Ohhhhhh noooooooooooooo! Dear lord, what will become of me...really...like I CARE what happens...have a bunch of friends here who can ask the same Q jackass...sigh...people...women like you are so...UGH! Really, its just a web site! I wasnt bugging you, you came to me, if you cant take it, dont come after people...moron

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

5. colw

colw Active member

Some mothers do have 'em - makes one believe in retrospective abortion.

bye bye Ransack81 - short and very unproductive stay here.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I dont think this thing was brought up, IT was kicked in the guts and told to get up

7. Ransack81

Ransack81 Guest

Oh well hello Senior...dont worry, not that your sorry ass will see be but...Ill have more fun the next time around, dumbass....I love the vibe you losers give off its very funy...So tough sitting at a some desk...typing away...lol

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I don't think the forum is a place to run around and argue, right or wrong. I'll leave that to the mods. Since it was a legitimate question, I'll answer it. Most often a smudged or scratched up disc causes the problem, sometimes a bad press. If the system is working with other DVDs, you can almost bet on it. Sometimes you'll get hardware errors all the way from dusty and weak optical heads to outdated firmware. So the first thing to do is make sure the disk is clean and polished. Sometimes resurfacing a disc helps if it's got a lot of superficial scratches.

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@PacMan777, I cannot understand why you would offer assistance to anyone who has fragrently violated forum rules and attacked another member on a personal basis...links to the offending threads were posted for ALL to see.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm not taking sides in a flamer. The problem wasn't on this thread and it's up to the mods to handle problems of this sort. Ransack81 was suspended. My answer was for other members, not just Ransack81. If the mods didn't want anyone posting to the thread, it would have been closed. It was a 1 week suspension when I first posted, I see it's now permanent.

11. kg2

kg2 Member

is a cyclic redundancy check just the result of a physical flaw on the disc? i thought that it was secondary to some encryption that Shrink cannot crack; the only reason i write this is because i can usually decrypt the same disc with other software (usually i just go straight to ripit4me).

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The most common cause I've run into has been scratched discs I've picked up at sales. A bad press can cause it too. Encryption can also cause it. I usually use the right software, so I've not encountered that one in a long time. It can even be caused by hardware problems such as a dusty optical head. Each problem is usually handled by running down the obvious causes and then start looking at the more obscure.