1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DATA ERROR [Cylic Dedundancy Check]

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mac53, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Find the image you like, right click it, go to Properties, copy the url then paste like it shows for inserting images (above your reply box when you reply to thread) :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  2. mac53

mac53 Guest

Am I understanding this correctly? I would need a web site for this to work? Or am I missing something?

mac

3. Nephilim

Yep, it needs to be something on the net and not just off your PC.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey Mac,

Go to this place, see what they have, get the address from the Gif. and put it in under your profile Like:

http://www.gifs.net/animate/giflist.htm

URL address here. then (bracket)/img]

and you're good to go :p)

Sea Ya -

BTW, We just found out that there is nothing at all wrong with copying a rental DVD. No worries on this site :)

cheers,

Pete

Hey Neph, where ya been ?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][img]http://www.dive-links.com/downloads/gifs/animiert/compdiver.gif
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  5. mac53

mac53 Guest

Pete...

I'm assuming that you are referring to me about rental discs. I appreciate what you're saying,...seriously. I don't steal movies off of rental discs, although there are times my wife bugged me to do it! For every backed up movie I have, I've the production to prove its legitimacy. I'm not throwing any darts at you, but I just wanted to clear this small issue up. Technically...I admit...I'm afraid to do it. :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
  6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No, I was refering to you about putting a Gif. in your aD sig.

About the rentals - I thought as you did but the forum has clairified it's stand on piracy and I was just passing it on -

here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

scroll to the bottom of the thread

cheers

7. mac53

mac53 Guest

cool...

I tried to input the gif like you said... but something went wrong. I also learned that once you make a mistake (typing) on this forum. You can't correct it. :(

8. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

i had the same problrm turned out to be my hard drive get yours checked out

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there mac53,

. ????????

You can correct anything except a PM.

When you post on forim, after you have clicked reply, if you see a mistake, at the top of YOUR own post, all the way to the right there is a tiny icon, click that to edit your post. This can be used at any time. :)

Working with your profile, just erase what ever you want.

I couldn't put everything there, i.e. at the end of inserting your img file I put there the word "bracket" instead of using [/img] at the end- (see my other post) make sure you don't have any spaces open -

Tryagain -

cheers,

Pete

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]A buddy of mine buys them quite often and now he's looking for an "affordable" semi professional scratch remover![/bold]

I bought a stack of DVDs (17 on a cake box spindle) in a yard sale for $.50 each that were scartched and some pretty bad. When I go home I discovered that none of them were playable. I used DataDr. to remove the scratches. Some I had to put through it up to 6 times but in the end I was able to backup all 17 movies. I think it's now called Skip Doctor and it's made by Digital Innovations.

@Mac you'll note that I just made a correction.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  11. Nephilim

My buddy used one of the Skip Doctors but for whatever reason he wasn't happy with it. I'm rooting for him to get the fancy one so I can use it if a I ever need it :)

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I like the professional restorers also

BUT

DVD XCopy's "X Rescue" works on the ones not "scratched beyond belief".

Of course there's always,

"Dr. ScubaPete's, too cheap to buy the professional stuff, Recipe Book for Scratch Repair."

To help with those small "Kiddie Scratches" on your DVD's -

As a final resort to retrieve scratched DVD's.

Materials needed:
    A soft cotton cloth
    Toothpaste w/Borax
    (Brasso metal polish may be used as a substitute for toothpaste)
    Isopropanol Alcohol
    Pledge
    Glass
    Ice
    Orange Juice and Vodka

Method: "If this doesn't work it's into the "Cirular File" with you -

START:
    1. Place the disc on a firm soft surface. Apply a small amount of toothpaste to a soft cotton cloth and apply to your DVD. Rubbing very firmly in an even stroke from the center outwards towards the edge. Repeat 10 to 15 times. Do this over the entire disc turning the disc slowly in a circular manner, always going from the inside to the outer edge.
    When finished:
    Clean the disc thoroughly with a clean cotton cloth moistened with Isopropanol Alcohol, using a firm even rubbing motion from the center outwards towards the edge.
    NEXT:
    Using a clean piece of cotton cloth, apply Pledge to the entire disc in the same manner as the toothpaste was applied above.

Attempt to play disc.
    If the disc refuses to play, take 1 large glass, add only 3 Ice cubes, then pour in Orange Juice and Vodka. The glass contents are to be liberally applied internally.

Steps 1 through 4 may be repeated as required to recover disc.

Cheers,

"P"

13. Yohko

Yohko Member

i have a problem with backing up DVD. i can burn successful but when i watch the movies fazes toward the end. The buffer level is always at 90- 98%. When i use DVD shrink at about 95% it said there is a CRC error. The burn alway burn successful but there is alway the CRC error. Can anyone help me? Thanks for the help

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yohko,

A CRC error is what you get when you try to burn DVD Video (a hard process) with a crappy disc (but then again, you're saving money aren't you?.

When you want to backup a DVD use a decent disc.

Change your media - Now if you're going to ask what should I use, Please, Please, please look in our threads for your answer - Thanks ever so -

Cheers,

Pete

15. hrdbawl

hrdbawl Member

Hey Scuba Pete, did I read you right on this thread? Copying rentals is ok? I too have been buying the DVD's scared s^&%$less to copy rentals and backing up the new ones in case of scratching and what not.

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

hrdbawl,

It is the feeling of the "Powers that be" that it's not a problem and may be talked about freely on the AfterDawn Forum.

The rest is up to your conscience -

If there is anything additional, PM me.

Pete