1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data Error on DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by osu2008o, Sep 29, 2004.

1. osu2008o

osu2008o Member

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I have been using DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor for a few months now and they have always worked great until recently. The last four DVDs I have tried to burn always come up with en error when Shrink is encoding.
    The error says failed to read file C:\*****\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB
    Data Error (cyclic redundancy check.
    I have tried four different DVDs now and it comes up every time. I tried removing both programs and reinstalling them but it still does it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

I believe a CRC error means a dirty/scratched disk (or unable to read a disk due to a faulty drive). It is a physical fault, not a software one.

Adder.

3. osu2008o

osu2008o Member

I thought that as well but this is a brand new pack of blank discs and I have tried a few different ones. I hope its not a faulty drive. Does anyone know a way I can check the drive.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Try getting a DVD drive cleaner. There may be some dust inside your drive on the laser. Run it a couple times and try again. It might fix it.

5. osu2008o

osu2008o Member

I'm hoping to get some more advice on this. I tried cleaning the lens and that didn't work. I am still getting this error and it always comes at 2% in the encoding. It starts fine but I can watch it slow down and then stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I am not able to burn cds, it will burn about half of the cd and then stop working. This leads me to believe that it is a problem with the burner itsself and not a software issue but I just want to rule out software problems before i take it in.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004