1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data (Website) and dvd film on a DVD disc? - No Internet reqd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by MStuart, Jun 5, 2004.

1. MStuart

MStuart Member

Hello there, I'm new to this DVD burning thing...so forgive me if I'm a bit dense!!

Plaese note all files will be on a dvd disc with no access to the internet requierd!

Here's the object of my enquiry......

We have a custom made DVD film about weddings in florida. (approx 3gb)
    We also have a website (www.floridabrides.co.uk).
    We would like to send people, upon request a copy of a DVD disc so that when they put it

1/ in their PC it auto-launches an html splash page introducing them to the disc and allows full navigation of the website and any extras we want to include.(all data files for the website are on the DVD - not via the internet)
    Also somewhere on the website we could also add a link to show the DVD film (also contained on the same DVD) in it's full quality without having to wait ages for the film to load!!

2/in their domestic DVD player it would automatically play the DVD film ONLY.

So far I have managed to
    create an autorun.inf to launch the website from the dvd when people put it into their PC, but as far as the film is concerned I can only put a link to the 1st VOB file, but the film doesn't stream, it takes ages to load which I'd like to avoid.
    This DVD disk does play the movie fine on a domestic DVD player

To be truthful I guess I'd like to be able to put a link on the website that will launch the PCs dvd player and start the film as though the disc was just a normal DVD film (i.e quickly)

I think thats it, any help you can offer is appreciated I'm really stuck!!

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Your post is a wee bit confusing. If you want some sort of streaming video off your site your need some faster loading lower quality format, like Real's RA or Quicktime or Windows Media.

3. MStuart

MStuart Member

Hi Mystic, thanks for the reply. Actually everthing is on the dvd, no access to the internet needed, all I really need to know now is if there is a way of launching the DVD film from the website so that it streams.

Cheers
    Mark