1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DATAWRITE RED

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by sikersh, Sep 21, 2004.

1. sikersh

sikersh Guest

Hi,
    Im New here, I have recently been using a Brand name DVD-R pack of DVD'S, but I was curious to see what the cheaper ones where like so I bought Datawrite Red, I have read these are a load of rubbish!!!

I have had problems I backed up one of my PS2 games and it lost a lot of the graphic quality in game, stuttered a lot and you could here my laser having problems too!!!

What is the BEST media for writing PS2 backup games?

Cheers
    Simon

2. jase

jase Guest

It's funny, but I've never, ever had a problem with Infosmart media (the cheap HK company behind the Reds).

True, there are some devices that don't like them (my V4 PS2 is fine with them though) but with a *good* burner (not trash like most of the Taiwanese drives) they seem to do the job quite well. Even burning at 8x they seem acceptable. If you want a *real* garbage disc, try out Yi-Jhan or LongTen. Eurgh....

Anyway, best for PS2? Most Ritek, ProdiscS03, Taiyo Yuden (the best quality of all but expensive), SonyD04, Postech or Verbatim (MCC **NOT** CMC) do the job well with any PS2.