1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Datawrite ritek from blandiscshop

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lufcfan, Jul 6, 2003.

1. lufcfan

lufcfan Guest

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

I have never used them but I think they are sort of a ritek clone. Atleast thats what I heard. They use the same type of dye as ritek but they are not actually ritek discs. I would imagine that they work just fine though.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yep, I am using them from blankdiscshop, got 25 initially - superb, no faults with my backups of my dvd and my PS2.

Just ordered another 100.

Just my opinion - they work well for ME.

So it's your choice - if you order them and are not happy, svp will take them back (what is left) and either refund you or replace them....

I always order from them, I have had several instances where the discs been supplied were crap - they took em back and exchanged them - no worries - excellent customer care...

However, the 'ritek blanks work for me'

4. Workshed

Workshed Guest

baabaa can i ask what version ps2 you have and what mod you have? just curious coz i've just had a dvd writer and am playin about with different media!

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I have a version 4, with a magic 3.1 fitted (installed by me)...(Ubicom one)

People say v4 PS2's are crap - yet mine is working flawlessly, and it is 2 years old, and it has been hammered....

I have also used other brands in it:
    eperformance 1x
    datawrite (grey) 2x

But now use the ritek brand..G03 or G04

All are working fine......

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  6. lufcfan

lufcfan Guest

Are you saying you have used the datawrite ritek, or the unbranded ritek g04's? Do SVP take them back within the 30day guarantee?

7. Workshed

Workshed Guest

I've got some unbranded discs which i was told were ritek but when i burna game onto them it only seems to boot on my magic 3.1 every 5-15 tries!? i'm hoping i'm gonna have better luck with a different media!

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

lufcfan - does that mean Leeds Utd by any chance...

Email svp.

You can get sample packs to try which is best for you before committing....

I have used the ritek unbranded ones. and to display a quote from their site:

We are delighted to be able to offer you this 4x DVD-R from the RITEK factory.

Now svp sent out a memo a few months ago stipulating that many suppliers DO NOT state any warranty with media...

Whereas SVP DO support warrnty issues - for most reasons - bad quality, dvd's that WILL not burn etc etc.....

I cannot say anymore, except that svp has been excellent for me and have dealt with ANY issues I have raised - promptly and to my satisfaction..(super customer support)

To re-iterate - I now use the ritek unbranded 4x G04 with no issues what so ever.
    I cannot guarantee that they will work well for you, however Ritek are known to produce a quality disc manufactured to better standards than most competitors....

Email them with your queries, they will be happy to help, they will probably advise you to purchase their sample pack....

Workshed

Some manufacturers use the id's of other manufacturers to improve sales (allegedly)

Run your backup through nerocd/dvd speed, it will display the manufacturers id, if your not sure.
    available at http://www.ahead.com - free d/l

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  9. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Ok i've discovered that (according to nero cd/dvd speed) the unbranded discs were indeeed ritek g04's and they only boot from my magic 3.1 once in every 5-15 tries! i've got a sample pack and tried datawrite yellow discs, datawrite kinda-grey discs and a purpleish bulkpaq disc and these dont boot at all. The most success i've had is with datawrite dvd-rws which if i put enter the matrix on will boot every time but the hulk wont boot at all!? any help would be very appreciated!

10. c7015

c7015 Regular member

what speed are you burning at and are you making an image first

11. Workshed

Workshed Guest

I am making an image first and i've tried 1x, 2x and 4x, i've tried nero and record now max

12. c7015

c7015 Regular member

what about movies do movie backups work all of the time or have you tried any

13. Workshed

Workshed Guest

movie backups work fine on the ritek discs and the rws (havent trried the other brands)

14. Workshed

Workshed Guest

all cd games work everytime as well! and i bought some dvd backups off a site that are on a silver dvd and look like they might be pressed?! or somethin i dunno but they work evrytime as well!