1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Datawrite V2 RED TOP DVD-R's

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Biglad, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Biglad

Biglad Regular member

NEW Datawrite V.2 4x Speed "RED Top" 4.7gb DVD-R Discs.

I have these for £7.99 for 25 discs.

Are they worth getting as I could do with some cheap discs but only if they are any good.

If not, any idea's for some other cheap reliable discs ??

Thanks

2. Biglad

Biglad Regular member

That was meant to say I have seen them for £7.99

3. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

These are produced by Infodisk and if they are the same as the unbranded I got a while back, they will be crap at the end of disk. I set the target size at about 4.175gb to get round it. Apart from that I had 2 coasters with them in 100 disks. I cannot comment on longivity of the dye though as yet, but films I burned 4 months ago still work. If these are the same ones that digital promo are doing just now, I have a pack coming in today for testing. I go fo the Ritek Grade A orange tops, cheapest in the range of Ritek that you can get but are good quality.

4. Biglad

Biglad Regular member

Thanks mate, I will probably leave them for now then.

5. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

No problem mate.
    I have just burned 4 Datawrite red tops from digital promo with no problems. I ran ran right up to the edge (4.35gb) and all play without freezing or skipping. Then again, we do not know if they will last past 6 months. If you look at the price, then I think most folk will be wary of them, but if you look at the price of Ritek's over the last couple of three months, then I think they are in line with the current crash in price across the board. BTW, I am running on a Pioneer 106D with DVD shrink / Nero 6.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Generally, even the worst quality discs will last more than 6months, more likely a 5-10 year figure for a poor disc. Problem is we dont know for sure. I'll get you the expected life expectancy of Ritek discs and post it here somewhere.

7. Biglad

Biglad Regular member

Thanks very much lads, I think I will just get a few anyway and give them a try.

Cheers !!