1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date Time Code Stamp not showing on PC

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by u2vertigo, Mar 14, 2005.

1. u2vertigo

u2vertigo Member

The Date time etc shows in LCD on Video Camera but is not visible in the PC capture when transfering to PC. When transfer to old VCR it is there. How do I get this to show so it is in the picture? which software allows this? Many thanks

2. jumbalia

jumbalia Member

Just a guess, but I think this is by-design. My DV camera displays the TC info on the LCD but does not download it to the PC. (Actually it does but it is encoded I believe.)

If you go to Download.com you will see about 6 programs that do nothing but display the encoded TC info as viewable. Since there is such a demand for this product, I assume this is a common issue and is by-design.

3. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

The timecode is stored in the stream and when you do a direct transfer over Firewire, the time code is still in there. In a video editing program like Premiere for example you can see the time code under the preview window when you load a captured movie.

Question is how do you get it on the screen. You can do it with DV/Photo timestamp: http://dts8888.com/