1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Datel Tool Battery won't work

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Deathtord, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Deathtord

Deathtord Regular member

I've just received a Datel tool battery this morning. I've been wanting to downgrade my PSP for ages.
    The problem is when i put my Datel tool battery in, the Green light comes up. Next i put my Magic memory stick in and wait for like 1 minute. It doesn't work...STILL!
    So i thought i would try it the other way round. Still nothing.
    The black screen just stays there with the green light.

I used totalnewbieinstaller or that EasyInstaller thing.

PSP: Version 3.80 (Slim 2000)
    Memory stick: Sandisk pro duo (2GB)

2. psp_n0ob

psp_n0ob Regular member

you need to put the mms in BEFORE you put in the battery. what computer are you using to make your mms? xp or vista? vista has problems from time to time. also, if you have a slim you might have to do a blind install. the screen will be blank but you can press x and start the install anyway. it'll take a while so be patient. you want to make sure that it is done before you go and take the battery out again.

3. Deathtord

Deathtord Regular member

My OS is XP so thats fine.

I have a slim PSP... nothing showed up ok. So then i pressed all buttons including X but the Memory stick LED and the WiFi LED never flashed. I might have turned the PSP off straight after i pressed X... It took 10 seconds to shut down.

You know whats wrong?

EDIT: How long does it take when installing, i'm gonna try out the blind installation.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go HERE and use this guide to create the Magic memory Stick. This has video support so you don't have to do a blind install.

This issue is a Magic memory Stick issue. The Battery Tool is doing its job.

If you still want to do the blind install then place the Magic memory Stick in the PSP. The WiFi/Memory Stick leds should blink for a few. After they stop press X to install the custom firmware.

The WiFi and Memory Stick leds should start blinking again. When they stop the PSP should auto-shut down. You should not have to turn the PSP off.

But I would recommend going to the above link and use that guide.

If you still have issues try using a different Memory Stick or a PC (XP 64-bit has known to cause issues as well).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008