1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dawn Of The Dead.....

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Samantha, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Samantha

Samantha Member

I just tried to do a back up of Dawn Of the Dead and 10 minutes into burning using "Nero" it came up with an error saying "Illegal Disk"
    Now that tripped me out as I have a 100% perfect burn rate.
    Any ideas as its got me brain boggled.

Thanx

2. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Hello Samantha.. It could just be a bad disc.. at least 1 outta every spindle of CD/DVD media is bound to be bad.. I have a 50 pack of Sony CDR 700s that is going on 12 bad discs :(

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

What decryption software have you installed?

4. Samantha

Samantha Member

I only use Decrypter or Shrink

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

The reason I ask is that I use AnyDvd & DVD43 for free to decrypt etc with. I backed up Dawn of the Dead last week. I would try DVD43 (go to www.dvd43.com for version 1.4 I think) as it is free. If you use the link on this site you will only get the trial version from dvdidle.com. Here is the link you need ----http://www.dvd43.com/. AnyDvd is a really good bit of software but you have to pay for it. I am asking you all this as I am assuming that your problem is encryption related. If it isn't then please ignore my inane ramblings!! I use DvdXplatinum by the way. I really like it. I like midget gems too!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK then, the link I put in defaults to the link on this website for the WRONG piece of software! Type in the link I gave you into the browser bar. Then hopefully you should be there. Don't pay for this software! You will need the Patin Couffin drivers for it to work (v1.9 I think). I'm not sure if shrink or decrypter uses them, so they may have to be installed seperately. Again all of this is assuming it is an encryption problem!

7. game9999

game9999 Guest

Samantha did you ever get Dawn of the Dead to backup i also have tried almost every bit of software out there and cannot copy this title to copy.
    game

8. Samantha

Samantha Member

Nope can't back it up, its still giving me an illegal disc warning. But being a femal im stubborn so i'm not giving up!!!

9. CJC

CJC Regular member

I have backed up Dawn of the Dead ok with DVD Shrink and Nero.

If it is backing up to the Hard Drive ok, and when it goes to burn, it could be the disc.

Have you tried backing up any other DVD after Dawn of the Dead and did it work, or is it just that particular one.

CJC

10. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Samantha,

Try replacing the extra's with a still image or picture. This way you do the movie only and retain the menu.

People were having the same problems with The Punisher. If I remember there is a unnecessary file in the extras or unreferenced material. You could try AnyDVD free for 21 days also.

11. rw2516

rw2516 Member

This is the exact same problem as The Punisher. I use Shrink. In the unreferenced material section is a short video of what looks like a guy throwing a discus. After I reduced this to still image it worked fine. That is the only alteration I made after the first attempt failed.

12. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Backed Dawn Of The Dead (Movie Only) with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and had no problems.

13. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

CloneDVD 2 copied it perfectly. I put the main movie on one disc and the special features on another disc.

14. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I copied Dawn of The Dead perfectly and I used Nero Recode Ridata Ritek media and burned at 2x speed.

15. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

I seem to remember (Grampaw's memory isn't what it used to be) that I first tried ripping this title on the DVD-ROM using Shrink, which choked. So I switched to Plan B, which was to rip using the DVD Writer and Decrypter - then using Shrink to compress whole disk and Nero to burn on Ritek DVD-R media at 4X. This procedure worked fine.

16. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Try holding the Shift button b4 you insert the disc.

17. dvdxbest

dvdxbest Member

Keep several versions. Old version of DVD-Shrink v3.17. is preferred. Old and reliable and faster!!!
    Newest/latest version does not mean better.
    Get a cheap name brand PC DVD player for shrinking!
    Dawn of Dead 32 mins Shrink 3.17 (French removed)
    Using: AMDXP1.6 256MB/$30 60gbHD

18. montrolla

montrolla Member

i backed dawn of the dead with dvd x copy. no problems. although i'm still having problems with master and commanders.