1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dax Slim Downgrade problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by abystus, Jan 26, 2008.

1. abystus

abystus Member

I'm having a problem with the downgrading of my system. I created the memory stick and hard modded a Pandora battery. From what I see the battery works correctly by turning the sytem on when it is inserted bringing me to a blank screen, however when I press X nothing happens. Ive tried to remake the memory stick several times yet each time nothing happens (no activity light blinking, followed by the system shutting down) when I press X at this screen. Am I doing something wrong? I have ofw 3.72 on the system, and used:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610313

to create my Magic Memory Stick. The battery wasn't fully charged or anything, so i'm recharging it now to see if it makes a difference. I formatted the MS on my slim psp, and created the MS with windows Vista (willing to try windows xp if thats the problem). I am new to this and have been reading several guides on several forums, and have yet to find an answer. I have seen a few people with my problem, however the people that respond believe it to be a Memory Stick problem with having the wrong files. I am using a Memory Stick Pro Duo 1g that came with my Dax psp and hard modded a PSP Extended Life Battery made by Sony $44. I have also tried this method with an older fat that a roommate has and it showed the same symptoms.

The psp will boot normally with the original battery, or ac and shows no signs of being bricked. Any help will be appreciated in this matter, especially since I bought this psp strictly for modding and emulation.

-Abystus

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

3. nowipaco

nowipaco Member

Whats the size of your memory stick? Magic stick only works for sizes: 256mb - 2gb

4. abystus

abystus Member

I followed this guide (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=81424) to create a pandora battery, and im using the same exact battery that he did for his dax system. How could it be the wrong battery when it worked on his system? Like i said the green light comes on when the battery is inserted and brings me to a blank screen. The memory stick size is a 1G stick that came with my Dax PSP so it should work fine, as in the post I am linking to above.

5. GamerZ2

GamerZ2 Member

windows vista is unsupported,try using xp,it will definately work.
    and use easy installer to create MS

6. brobinson

brobinson Member

I agree. I have seen nothing but problems when trying to do this with Vista. Try using XP.

7. Aaron516

Aaron516 Member