1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day Watch/Spiderman 3..Best Way to Backup?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by sandman42, Oct 31, 2007.

1. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

I have Clone2DVD, AnyDVD 6.1.9.3, DVD Rebuilder Pro Latest, DVD Decrypter HD, Ripit4Me, DVD Shrink,

I have a Lot as you can tell I paid for AnyDVD, Clone2DVD, DVD Rebuilder Pro, DVD Fab..I am huge on Backups...

I have 90% of the time used Clone2DVD & AnyDVD for Speed and easy use...But I heard that using other programs give you much better quality dvd's...

I decided that I want to make the BEST QUALITY backup Possible from my Original Discs of Spiderman 3 & Day Watch because of there great Special Effects...But I want to make a Full Disc Backup without some Subtitles or Audio like French...

What do you recommend and what are the easy steps to follow??

Please help

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I have AnyDVD, but tend to use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip to my HDD and then I can do either a full disc or movie only backup using DVD2One and finally burn with Imgburn. I don't think the quality will be that much different between the various transcoders like DVD Shrink, Recode and DVD2One, but you should see a difference if you use DVDRB as it should be much superior to the transcoders.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

the best quality you can get is DVDRebuilder Pro... now you just have to pick out your encoder = CCE, ProCoder, or HC. I use CCE with great results. encoders are much better than transcoders but they take so much longer to get the final product! Well worth it though. I normally use AnyDVD and CloneDVD to do most of my backups. But if the quality is less than 80% then I go the DVDRebuilder Pro routine...... which takes anywhere from 96 mins to 2 hours depending on the movie and what I want in the DVD. I have a computer that is now over 2 yrs old but still going strong!

4. therock7

therock7 Member

i had problems halfway with using anydvd/dvdfab decrypter can someone help me.

5. zatoichi0

zatoichi0 Member

DVDFab worked just fine...

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Nowadays i use DVD Rebuilder for any movie under 90% compression (and that's movie only to boot), it's an incredible bit of software. As for Episodic discs i use Rebuilder by default, just the other day Battlestar Galactica (Season 3 disc 1) was done by Rebuilder, yet the compression was an unbelievably low 44%, yet Rebuilder did an incredible job (i only ever do 2 passes btw).