1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox help urgent please help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by ssslface, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ssslface

ssslface Member

i am currently trying to sort out major problems with my Dbox.. I cant seem to network my laptop with the box, all network menu's on the dbox are turned on....i am using vista, i have all firewalls off etc and it still wont network. I have tried to flash the dbox with image flash assistant using usb to serial connection but i end up with a repetative message and no data transfer....all file names are short and are from c: as mentioned on other threads..For some reason the sportster menu has dissapeared (when blue button pressed twice in succesion) I am currently recieving only a few of free channels... if i cant get this to work is there any1 near the burnley area willing to take the dbox, fix it and send it ack re flashed and fully working for ntl...if so how much are you going to charge for such a service?

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Can you ftp to the box and just drop some Burnly Services in the Zapit folder
    Straightforward enough
    Wot image is on the box now
    Are you getting all the free channels
    Do you have epg for the ones you arnt getting ........Paul

3. gracem

gracem Member

Hi follow this link ,http://www.kleinanzeigen-dienst.de/dbox2/BeginnersGuide.pdf

Important to get an rj45 crossover cable

On your dbox goto dbox menu , setting , network and Select "IP Address" (should be 7 from top) and change it to 192.168.0.100 then press "OK" on
    the remote
    6. Select "Default Gateway" (3 below IP Address) and change it to 192.168.0.1 then press "OK on the remote
    7. The "Subnet Mask" (Below "IP Address") should be 255.255.255.0, if it is not change it
    accordingly
    8. Select "Start/Restart Network Now" (5th from top)
    9. Select "Show Active Network Settings" (4th from top)
    10. Go "Back" then click "Save Settings" to save everything.

Download Flashfxp 30 day trial ,

open flashfxp and choose quick connect f8 , in the url type 192.168.0.100 , user is root, password is dbox2, you should now be connected to the box , goto temp file and drag the image you want to flash into , close flash fxp,

On the dbox goto dbox menu , services , update image , write one partion, no bootloader ,select your image from the list and verify you want to update. your box will then update and restart .

Remember choose an image suitable for yoour area and perform your scan using your provider.

4. ssslface

ssslface Member

i have just tried to network using flash fxp but even with the new network settings my laptop will not network with the dbox..do you think it could be an issue with vista? i have turned off all firewalls etc but still cant connect....

5. ssslface

ssslface Member

just had a quick thaught could it be that by some strange reason the password for network on my dbox is by some reason not dbox2? is there a way to check the password on the dbox?

6. gracem

gracem Member

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

@gracem
    There is a media which can be found.
    The patch is only necessary for flashing.

@ssslface
    Post the exact error message.

8. gracem

gracem Member

try using an rj45 crossover cable instead of the usb to serial..

9. ssslface

ssslface Member

Thanks for the fast replys all...i have been at work loads (sound and lighting engineer) not had a chance yet to try to sort problem...I have looked at the link about media sensing...I use vista and the article lists windows versions the article relates to but doesnt have vista listed, does the registry fundamentaly the same between xp and vista?

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Forget the media sensing patch.
    As long as you don't post the exact error message from flashfxp nobody can help.