1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toweliej

toweliej Member

Does ayone know of a way to get better than a now/next EPG. I'm on choru5 in cork, using the neutrino trilogy image. is there a better image that i should be using?

2. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Scouser has a good commando image there that works perfect just its for dublin but if u change the servive & Boug files on it u wont go too far wrong

3. gbateson

gbateson Member

Have loaded Blade Quad onto Dbox2 in Dublin Area. All channels are there but some do not load when selected. Also when I do a scan to update no transponders are found. Any ideas?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Blade Quad NET ID is incorrect for Dublin, you could change it or use Ruprect's fixed Blade SML. Or easier again you will find Dublin images already for you in Eamos at the end of my post.

5. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

You can also fix the netid bit via remote. these are guides I did up for mates, so some stuff might not be the same on your image, e.g. bouquet names.

There are 2 things to do, edit a file, and rescan. In future all you should need is the rescan, they will start messing about more often now but a rescan is very simple compared to editing the file.

EDITING THE FILE.

1. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK. You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.

2. Scroll to TUXBOX and press ok, If you don't see TUXBOX, scroll to VAR and press OK. If you do not see VAR then scroll to <DIR> in the top upper left of the screen & press ok. Either way you want to be in TUXBOX

3. When you have clicked OK on TUXBOX scroll to CONFIG & press OK

4. Scroll to SCAN.CONF and press 4 on your remote control (SCAN.CONF will not be visible, you must scroll downwards and it will be on the next page). ***It is important that you don't press OK when you scroll to SCAN.CONF , you must press 4 in order to edit the file. If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.

5. After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with the following (or similar)

TP_fec=1
    TP_freq=
    TP_pol=0
    TP_rate=
    TP_satname=
    TP_scan=0
    bouquetMode=2
    delivery_system=0
    diseqcMode=0
    diseqcRepeat=0
    satCount=0
    satNameNoDiseqc=NTL DUBLIN FAST
    scanSectionsd=0
    scanType=3
    scan_mode=0

(Note if you see weird boxes at the end of the lines press blue once)

You must change this to look like this (there is a new line to be entered netid=42753, also if it doesnt say "NTL DUBLIN FAST" do not worry this does not matter.)

TP_fec=1
    TP_freq=291000
    TP_pol=0
    TP_rate=6887
    TP_satname=
    TP_scan=0
    bouquetMode=2
    delivery_system=0
    diseqcMode=0
    diseqcRepeat=0
    netid=42753
    satCount=0
    satNameNoDiseqc=NTL DUBLIN FAST
    scanSectionsd=0
    scanType=3
    scan_mode=1

To change them just scroll down to the line and press OK, then move the cursor right to move across to where you want to enter numbers using the numbers on the keypad, press until the number appears, just like a text message. If entering the same number twice you have to press right to get to the next space, just like texting. If you enter a wrong number/letter by mistake just press the volume - button. Press OK to edit the line, and OK again when finished. To change scan_mode=1 just highlight the 0 and press the up arrow to get it to show 1.

the ones to change should be:

TP_freq=291000
    TP_rate=6887
    netid=42753
    scan_mode=1

To enter the "netid=42753" line scroll down to "satCount=0" and press green, this puts in a new line above it.

Press ok on this new line and you can edit the line. Again letters are like a text message, the bottom of the screen shows which number will give the correct letter. The = is got by pressing number 1 3 times.

6. When you have changed all the lines, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, scroll left to yes and press OK.

7. Now press home again get back to the TV screen.

8. Press the D-box button and scroll to service and press OK.

9. Scroll to "RESTART NEUTRINO" and press OK. This will take about 10 seconds and then go back to the TV screen. now you are ready to scan.

SCANNING FOR CHANNELS.

1. Press the D-BOX button, scroll to service and press OK.

2. Scroll to SERVICE SCAN and press OK.

3. Scroll to START SCAN and press OK.

Now all the channels should scan in, there should be approx

TV-143 RADIO-35 DATA-9

4. When the scan is finished keep pressing home until you are back to the TV screen, flick around if there is nothing on screen, if there is still nothing try switching it off and on again.

All the channels will be back but some will have moved to the very end, around 136 onwards, these can be moved back,

When you press OK you see the channels are sorted in batches called bouquets, entertainment, films music etc. when you rescan the missing channels end up at the end and you have to move them back. Also you can alter the batches themselves. e.g. you can move sports to the top, this will mean sky sports is now channel 1 on your remote, and rte1 will be shifted to the end. If you were to press red to get the big tv guide list sports would be first.

I attached the remote picture again in case your buttons have different words or no colours.

MOVING CHANNELS.

1. Press the D-BOX button, scroll to SERVICE and press OK.

2. Scroll to BOUQUET EDITOR and press OK.

3. Now you will see all the bouquets. Go to the last one- UNSORTED and press OK. All of the channels that recently changed should be listed in there. It might have some weird ones you do not recognise which are not channels, they are data stuff, e.g. one is called martin, another might be CPL. Try and remember a few channels that should be in a certain bouquet, e.g. the ones usually in ENTERTAINMENT, like E4+1, channel 4, sky 1&2

4. Press HOME to get back to the original list. Now highlight the bouquet you want to edit and press OK, say FILMS. Now you will see the list of channels.

5. Press the green button to add channels. This brings up all of the available channels you can pick from, listed A-Z. If you scroll up or down you will see channels have green dots beside them, this means they are in that bouquet. Go to film four, and film four+1 and press OK on each of them so the green dot is beside them. Pressing the Volume +/- buttons skips up or down a page for quicker picking. You can also unselect channels here if you wanted. Films should be fine but you might want to turn off all those euronews channels, american sports etc. You can also add channels normally in other bouquets, and they will not be deleted from the other bouquet, this means the same channel is available on 2 channel numbers. When you picked the channels you want press HOME.

6. Now you will see the Films bouquet again, if you press up you will go directly to the end of the list where the newly added channels are. When they are highlighted you press yellow, now a yellow dot will be beside the channel and you can move it up to where you want on the list, then press OK to put it there. You can resort all the channels or delete them using the red button. If deleted they can still be added to other bouquets later from the A-Z list. When they are sorted press HOME.

7. At this stage it is best to press HOME again. It will ask if you want to save the changes so highlight Yes and press OK, or just press red. Now press OK to go back into bouquet editor again. When you do this it updates the UNSORTED bouquet at the end. If you moved added a channel then it will not appear in the unsorted bouquet. So if you missed any it will stand out more now and you can add it to the bouquet it should be in. Just follow the steps above for all bouquets.

-That is pretty much all you really need.

8. To move a bouquet it is the same as moving channels, e.g. go to SPORTS, press yellow and you can move it up or down, and press OK to where you want. But now all your original channel numbers will have changed, expect those above it.

9. You can add a brand new bouquet by pressing GREEN in the bouquet editor. This will bring up a screen where you can name it what you want. Now you can add channels to the new bouquet, these will be duplicates, so you could have your favourite channels listed in it, but they will also be still in their original bouquets too. Then you could move it to the end of the bouquets, this means the channels in it would start around 140. So RTE1 would be available on 1, or 143 if you wanted. When you turn on the box you can press OK and press up to pick your special bouquet, now all your usual channels will be listed in a row. Also it means when you pick a channel in that bouquet you can just press up or down to flick between your favourites easily.

3 DAY EPG
    This is how to get 3days of EPG (Event Program Guide) on the dbox, you
    would have to do this each time you turn on (if you are bothered),
    might be useful for seeing films coming up, or olympics etc

Press dbox,
    go to settings
    go to misc/miscellaneous
    now change these settings down the bottom

EPG-Cache(Days)=5
    EPG-Remove after=0
    EPG-Long description=8
    Max Events=9999

Now if you turn to City Channel (in the news bouquet) and leave it for
    a few minutes all the EPG info will come in for all channels.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Paramount+1 is out in dublin now. Needs a rescan 418.25

7. paulharte

paulharte Member

Hows it going guys,

I have a sagem dbox in south dublin that hasn't worked in ages and I'm trying to get it working again.

From looking inside I'm pretty sure its a 1-chip type (1x)

All the programming guides are coming up but the only channels we can get are city channel, rte 1 (jerkily), euronews and the radio stations!

I'm currently running sportster 2.0 neutrino.

I've tried updating the keylist, but no good. I can ftp stuff to the dbox no hassle, i just need to know what!

Can anyone help? I will send much karma your way!

8. paulharte

paulharte Member

*sorry, that should be sportster 1.7

9. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Stick this on http://www.4shared.com/file/5181685...x_Dublin_June_08.html?dirPwdVerified=b25d20b6

This is all set up right, with correct netid & rom files and bouquets set for dublin. (I am also south dublin N*L)

Transponders/frequencies have changed since posting that so you will have to rescan, but all missing channels should come in OK, up at the end, check above for my guides on rearranging (you can skip the "editing the file" bit, that is fixed). Also keys have rolled since then but it will autoupdate in minutes.

Also if you get freezing then press blue, go to the blade menu, use the copy keys feature to copy keys from evocamd to gbox (first option), then go to EMU settings and change to GBOX.

GBOX cures dodgy chirping sagems, but it will not autoroll, if they roll again you must set to EVOCAMD again, and transfer keys across again.

If the keys do not autoroll it is possibly on GBOX already in which case change to EVOCAMD, this is all in the blade menu.

Blade is way better than 1.7 too, lots of better features, GBOX support being what matters most to you.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  10. paulharte

paulharte Member

feck, now I'm getting "kein system". Any tips? the only possible thing i can think of is that i should have used a 2x one possibly...

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Should have used flashcheck first. You need to use IFA, (you will need a null modem cable also), and a correct chipset image. Plenty of info on this thread. You will also find all you need in Eamos at the end of my post.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  12. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Could also have been a bad flash, that image is definitely 1X and works fine for me.

The null modem cable is not essential for IFA, I have used IFA many times and only ever used my crossover cable. Using both is meant to be easier though. I used to have trouble with kein system and IFA, but after using a new method of using IFA it works easily every time. But I am not allowed post a link to that guide, dunno if it is on these forums either.

Did you try and update it via FTP on screen with the remote? I have found about 1/5 of my attempts to flash blade that way do not work. IFA works every time for me though

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

IFA without a null modem, yes it will work. But hate looking at a blank screen, hoping its working :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

The old IFA used to just say FLASHING on the box, the newer one has little progress bars showing on the Dbox LCD, and a FERTIG and happy faces when done.

Never did it by null modem, is there progress showing on the PC with a null modem cable?

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Is that the portable IFA? Yep with a null modem cable and cross over Cat5e, it will give you an onscreen log.

16. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Don't think so, just got it on the hallenberg site, didnt say it was portable version. Not sure of the version number I use, it is at home. I expect the latest one does it too. Better when doing sagem 1x when you want to see the (slow) progress.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Slow is the word, LOL cheers ;)

18. mrpink67

mrpink67 Member

hey guy's, i've been having a bit of trouble with the dbox recently. I downloaded Blade Quad 1X Dublin Image, picked up all the channels and I did a search to pick up the missing sky 1, 2 etc. That's all fine but within 2-3 days now everything goes again and I have to redo it. Not a major problem because it takes 5 minutes to reflash it but anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this? cheers.

19. thehoops

thehoops Member

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help with scanning problem I have on my dbox2. I am running the latest Blade Quad image. I have followed the instructions for modifying the scan.conf file and restarting nuetrino but I still cannot get anywhere when I am rescanning. I go to DBOX>Service>Service Scan

set the bouquet to create new
    Cable provider = NTL Dublin Fast
    Scan Mode = Complete
    NETID = 42753

Sections Scan = On

I hit Scan and a message comes back after 2 seconds saying "Transponderscan finished successfully" However ir does not pickup the channels. I have spent a few hours on this and it doing my head in !!

20. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

That setting is for N*L areas. also you should have fast scan set to on.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.