1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox & Internet

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by swally29, Jul 17, 2007.

1. swally29

swally29 Member

Hi Guys,

New to the Forum here and looking for a bit of help, if you don't mind please. Go easy with me as I am new to technology.

I currently have a Dbox by Nokia which is flashed to recieve all the channels, I was able to run my box plus two internet connections from the box outside...........until recently.
    Now I can only have either one internet running or my cable box.
    I was wondering if it was possible that the 4 way splitter was causing the prob or have V*rgin Media caught up with the scam?

Wishing you all the best,

Swally

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

It could be that your 4 way splitter has went wrong somewhere down the line. Try double checking all the connection's make sure they are all earthed properly. What is it thats happening exactly when all connected?

3. swally29

swally29 Member

Tam,

I have checked all the connections many timmes and they all appear to be sound.
    The TV is downstairs and tinternet and other TV are upstairs, I previously was able to have all three working at the one time.
    Around three weeks ago that stopped and I am now only able to have one of the above on at any one time.
    I was thinking the splitter could possibly be the problem but I can't honestly see one of these breaking down. I was wondering?
    As I only pay for my tinternet and not my telly (oooppppssss!!!!)
    is there any way that V*rgin may have detected this and limit the signal?
    Just guesing here

all the best

Swally

4. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Nah mate, it could just be that you have a fracture in the coax cable thats causing it to be a weak signal. In argos you can purchase cable booster for £8 or £9 , if that wont solve it you can return it back to argos. I think that would be the best option.

Have a look at

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344235.htm

Should do the trick

5. thedelph

thedelph Member

any one know where are there cheap two way splitters available?

6. swally29

swally29 Member

Try E-bay mate...........under splitters.
    There was a 4 way splitter at a buy now price of 99p
    Maplins were retailing them at £10.00

I know where I would go,

all the best Swally

7. thedelph

thedelph Member

could someone please send me an ebay link of one of these splitter things...i don't really know what i'm looking for..