1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBOX2 Loosing Channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by hawks2007, Apr 10, 2007.

1. hawks2007

hawks2007 Guest

Hello All,

I have just bought a DBOX2 from germany.
    It has newtrino sportster image. I first plugged in the box to the cable line and after about 20 mins it come up with about 300 TV/Radio channels. I then went through each channel to check they were there and they were. However when I got to the last tv channel it went back to channel 1 and when i went up the channels again quite a few of them were off (black screen).
    I thought leaving the box on overnight might sort it out but the box crashed overnight?
    Does anyone know if this is a problem with the box itself or just the image?
    I am new to all this and any help is appreciated.
    Thank You in advance.
    Lee

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Which version of Dbox2 do you have & which version of Sportster?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  3. hawks2007

hawks2007 Guest

I have a Nokia DBox2 with Sportster 1.7+ UK05.
    Base Image 2.0

Hope this helps??

4. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

What did you scan with? should be bruteforce UK with fast scan off.
    I find boxes tend to crash if left on overnight, there is a "deep standby" mode that kicks in.

If channels are not working try a FULL reset, either by the plug or holding down the 2 outer buttons on the front panel.

5. hawks2007

hawks2007 Guest

Not sure what I scanned with but it was done with fast scan on. What difference is there between fast scan and normal scan?

The deep standby mode you spoke about, what can be done about this?

6. hawks2007

hawks2007 Guest

After looking at the settings last night I have found that when it looses channels I can get them back by restarting the CAM.
    This can't be right, to have to restart the CAM after a few channel changes?
    Any Ideas?