1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox2 Maintenance Guide

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kasuku, Feb 8, 2007.

1. kasuku

kasuku Member

Hi all,

First let let you know I am a newbie and just heard about Dbox a week ago and took a punt of buying one. Had a few teething problems but I think have found the correct EMU/ucode combination finally. Its a Dbox2 sagem 2xi grey with Sportster UK5 image that came with the box from Germany.

My concern is that it is very easy to enter the service and settings menus and wreck the whole configuration and I don't want to go through trial and errors again. There just seems to be too may combination of settings and one change can spoil it all.

My questions are:
    -If I do a backup then does it also save my settings? Also do I need to backup with the bootloader?

-Can I prevent access to the service,settings and sportster menus via the remote control unless a pin is supplied? Channel changing and reboot without needing a PIN?

-the newbie guides i've been through don't seem to cover the functionality of all the settings. Is there a decent sporster guide lying around? If not I wouldn't mind starting one.

Cheers
    K

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Save the image WITHOUT BOOTLOADER and the image with all your settings will be saved to the TEMP folder on the DBox, just FTP it to your PC. Yes you can set up a password.