1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBox2 Vs DreamBox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dweeb4, May 13, 2007.

1. dweeb4

dweeb4 Member

Is there any advantages to the DreamBox over DBox2 (Nokia) particularly as the DBox2 can now be modded to include an internal HD. I've seen mention of the DreamBox being the next upgrade to the DBox2 but never explained why?

I'm a noob to this so forgive if this has been answered before but I can't find any info that compares the two technically.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Dreambox is a newer smaller box which can do as much as the DBox2. The Dreambox uses Enigma and is totally different to the look of the DBox2, there is a Neutrino image for the Dreambox but I have always had problems getting channels with it. If I had the choice again i would stick to the Dbox2. If you want to include HD recording on a Dreambox, then the DM600C will take a HD.

3. dweeb4

dweeb4 Member

Thanks Fekker for the comparison

I know that DM600C has a IDE for HDD but look at the price compared to upgrading a DBox2 with IDE. Anybody know how difficult this is to get right?

What about the newer box Digivox - any opinions? Does it work in Ireland? Reports seem to say it looks good, has a strong tuner, good epg tru 16:9 aspect. Seems dandy. Just wonder about IDE?