1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC++ and Quest DSL

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by kep1014, Apr 5, 2007.

1. kep1014

kep1014 Member

Hey all,

I am having trouble searching and downloading with DC++. I have recently got Quest DSL and i can connect to servers but i cant search or download anything. I know this has to do with the ports and all that stuff but i am unable to fix it myself. If you could please help me it would be much appreciated because i really like using this program.

Thanks Mike

2. XENIUMAN

XENIUMAN Member

Did you start sharing anything? It runs on hubs and you need to share so many gigs to get into certain hubs. That size varies on different hubs. I
    share over 80 gigs of movies, but i archived them and chunked them into 50mb chunks and make it a self extracting file so that people without WinRAR can launch the executable file and it unarchives the chunks. Nobody will download raw vob files.

3. XENIUMAN

XENIUMAN Member

Oops, mis read the post. You need to make sure your firewall will accept DC++ and you need to have your router settings configured. Go to settings under the file tab. Then click on Connection Settings on the file tree to the left of the main window. Type in your WAN MAC address and the port that your computer is on. You can configure the firewall settings there too. Good luck, if that doesn't work, try Google or the help page on DC++.