1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC++ Download Speeds

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by mowner, Dec 1, 2004.

1. mowner

mowner Guest

Im using DC++ for my p2p use..
    i have ADSL 512 kb connection
    my download speed should be 65 maximum but when i download from a T1 guy i get 125 kb/s is this normal?
    how can i use more of my maximum speed

i know that i should be happy i am REALLY REALLY HAPPY

but this is weird some1 explain me plz..

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Let's make our thread titles more relevant than " ROFL LMAO READ PLZ". It's now been changed.

3. mowner

mowner Guest

okay nephilim :)

can sum1 explain why is it like this????

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

It may be a fake file or its just sum Voodoo magic

5. oni103

oni103 Member

Well your speed depends on how fast is connection(since t1 i say it's pretty fast lol!) and how many slots the person going. So it's probably cause he has a lot slots going.

6. stevoo

stevoo Member

Basicly no....... you shouldnt get that high !
    You should have a max of 65-70 but it may be that your provider gives you more bandwidth and it kind of eeeee screws up nad gives you more !

BE hapy and enjoy that ! i wouldnt report it by the way

7. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

Or most likely you just have bits and bytes mixed up.
    your adsl connection is: 512 kbps (kilobits per second)
    which equals 512/8 = 64 kB/s (kilobytes per second)
    1 byte = 8 bits
    Also, that 64 kB/s is nominal maximum speed which ain't never achieved (due to TCP/IP traffic specifications), practically speaking you will get something like 55-60 kB/s tops, which is normal.
    So, the T1 guy is sending 125 kb/s (aprox. 16 kB/s)which is roughly 1/4 from your maximum line capasity.

8. ssjvackar

ssjvackar Member

I had an experience of something like thid but mine isn't something stupid like mixing bytes for bits

last night i downloaded a program that was about 700MB (from dc++) in about 6 mins. I was gettting over 3mb per second... Thats crazy since i only have a 1 mega BIT connection, which means i shouldn't be getting more than 125 kB per second.

What i think might have happened is that i have a program called onspeed which will accelerate a download by sending it to a server where it's compressed and than sent to you, but its a longshot.

Any comments would be much appreciated

9. bumrush

bumrush Member

ive got a similar situation... im on a cable connection, should be topping out at 625KB/sec (5Mb/s), but when i download certain files they run at like 8MB/s which is bogus, and then the files never work obviously.

its starting to really annoy me because i could download something about 50% at a normal speed, then when the user logs off and it auto connects to someone else, the file is transferred at ridiculous speeds, then the whole d/l is turned to crap.

the "ratio" is always at like .01 or so when its stupid high speed, where its 1.00 at normal speeds (10-200kB/s)