1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC++ suddenly stoped working

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ozwinpunk, Jun 11, 2004.

1. ozwinpunk

ozwinpunk Guest

I have been happily using DC++ for the last month or so after converting from K Lite. It was working fine until recently when the search utility stoped working completely, and i can no longer get any results at all. I have tried fail safe searches like "Blink 182" and nothing. Also the downloads i started when search was working will never connect, nor any other download, they all try and then time out. Uploads are working fine, and everything else works... Public Hub List, main chat, etc...etc...

To my own knowledge a have not changed my firewall settings, which is Norton, i couldnt stand the constantly nagging Zone Alarm so got rid of the B*#~@%D! I have checked settings and they say all DC++ Traffic is allowed. I am also using Peer Guardian but that has not changed from before when it was working fine.

Please advise, if you have had this problem, or if you think you may know what is wrong, Bonjour!

[​IMG]

2. ozwinpunk

ozwinpunk Guest

Thought i should also say i am sharing just under 50 Gig, so its not that the Hubs dont like me, i can connect to them, just cant download or search!

[​IMG]

3. Frakk

Frakk Member

U migh wanna try to change ure connection from active to passive or passive to active, i have had problems because of that, so give it a try, i hope i was right and u can fix it :)

4. celliott

celliott Member

The same thing has happned to me. I have tried the other directconnect clients but no luck at all.

5. celliott

celliott Member

Thanks a million for that info Frakk. All working great now :D

6. Frakk

Frakk Member

Im glad I could help