1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC++

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by LuKii, Aug 12, 2004.

1. LuKii

LuKii Guest

I have a problem with my dc++.It seams to me that this program does NOT want to connect to the internet. I have treid to connect through passive and active and it stil does noot work. When i click to go to my hubs all its says is...download failed: conectio timeout. I have no clue what that means however if some1 could help me with this problem i would be very thankful. thanks you.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Questions:

1. Do you have a firewall?

2. What is your actual advertised download/upload speed?

Recommendations:

Make sure DC++ is upgraded to it's latest version and try and set your internet settings so DC++ can connect. I have a feeling some of your ports are blocked.

3. LuKii

LuKii Guest

Yes o do have a firewall but would that be the problem?

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Yes that would be the problem. You have to configure it so dc++ can accept and recieve. Dunno what ports it is for it so you will have to wait for someone else to tell you that.

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

LuKii, would you mind answering ALL my questions? =)

6. LuKii

LuKii Guest

1.yes i do have a firewall its called mcaffe

2. I do now know about the upload speed because no 1 ever uploaded from me.

And yes dc++ is up to its latest version

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

If no one's uploading from you, that means you're not sharing, and if you're not sharing, you're not going to get very high speeds. I think you should try setting your upload maximum speed (in the DC++ settings) to 25kbs, and then you'll probably get higher download speeds.

As for the firewall, I think you need to open up some ports, or simpler yet, enable DMZ (Although there are security risks in doing that)