1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC2 WII - After Mod WII not Happy :(

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by xier, Oct 31, 2007.

1. xier

xier Member

Have had the DC2 WII for about 2 months with moderate play (approx 5 hours total). Had it modded by a local modder and at his premise I observed that 2 backup's worked - booted up etc...

Got the WII home and everything was good -

Next day I noticed that the backup's were not working - so I put in an original and it also would not be recognized... I had to pull the power out of the back of the WII - then turn back on to get the original and the backup's to work.

Has anyone else heard about the DC2 modd having this effect on the WII - making it un-stable - or do you think there is a problem with the MOD?

2. xier

xier Member

Additional Info -

I was playing SMG and it locked up ---- rebooted - played a bit more and locked up different spot. Paper Mario is also locking up...

Any ideas what could be causing this?

3. Sokonomi

Sokonomi Member

I have the same issues. The wii locks up easily, and now it wont even recognise ANY disk. Im using the DC2 clip method.

Whats going on?

4. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

Whats the firmware version you are using.

The reason i asked is the u.s.a version of wii mario kart contains a firmware verification system i tried to run a backup on my u.s wii and mario kart updated my console and locked out my chip now no backup's will work.

5. Sokonomi

Sokonomi Member

The latest firmware available from wiiconnect24.
    No clue how to check what firmware number that is. :')

Ive got a PAL system btw.
    Weirdest thing is it worked yesterday, and this morning it failed to read ANY disk. Backups or origionals alike.

6. nash79

nash79 Regular member

The firmware version can be seen at the right top corner in the Wii setting section. As you have a PAL version you should see sthg like "Ver 3.1E" or "Ver 3.2E" depending on whether you have 3.1E (European/Pal) or 3.2E

7. Sokonomi

Sokonomi Member

Indeed it is 3.2E

Meanwhile ive discovered a somewhat odd event.
    Upright in its stand the wii fails to read disks, however when its flat in desktop position, it started recognising disks again.

I highly suspect the DC2 clip getting pushed out of line when its in the upright position, the drive somehow pushing it the wrong way. Atleast I know what to tell the guy that put it in now. :')

8. nash79

nash79 Regular member

I have a soldered D2CKey and it works like a charm, I urge you to chose the soldering option

9. Sokonomi

Sokonomi Member

Yeah thats what ive been thinking, the only thing is if the Wii breaks (only 2 weeks old btw) there will most likely be no warranty, right? :p

10. nash79

nash79 Regular member

mine got chipped before the end of the first month. The way I did is I kept it working heavily for all this time, playing 5+ hours everyday, and keeping it on all day long and also at night. After being sure that it passed "my test", I took it to the guy who chipped it with a D2CKey.
    It is working flawlessly with of course, good media (verbatim is the only one I recommend).

11. Sokonomi

Sokonomi Member

Yup, thats what I use, Verbatim DVD-R. Its been working REASONABLY well all day yesterday (still crashed often though), but this morning it woulnd budge.

Most likely its the clip flinching on me, as it still picks up a disk now, it just crashes faster. Ill ask the guy to put some stickypads ontop so it ll get pushed down on the motherboard a bit, if a bad connection is indeed the case. If that still fails ill just have him install a 9 wire DC2pro or something like that..

Last edited: May 2, 2008