1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dddns failed login

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wings515, Aug 2, 2014.

1. wings515

wings515 Newbie

Hello,
    I am trying to help a friend who installed a 4 camera security system. One of the functions is the ability to view the video at a remote location. A P2P code was provided by the NVR software to insert into the login at http://www. dddns.org. This worked for two days and then it "Failed Login".
    I tried to run the same application and a request to download an ActiveX app failed when dvr_ocx.cab was to install. I had to change the security portion of IE. After doing that the download processed but the video app had the same problem that the login failed.
    I had the friend re-boot the NVR and the cable modem but that did not fix the login. The monitor at the camera location shows all the correct videos so we know that portion is working.
    What puzzles me is that it worked for two days perfectly. It even worked the prior week but a power problem at the home required a reset of all the cameras.
    I am at a loss as to the solution.
    Any help would be appreciated. Even the suggestion to use another remote monitoring software would be acceptable.
    Best regards,
    wings515